servo drivers

Thread: servo drivers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default servo drivers

I'm in the planning stages of building a cnc router . I like the idea of servos and have looked at the clifton cheap servos . --Next step is the power supply and driver . How many amps would be reqired to use four of these on a gantry design at 30 v ? ---Next question is the servo driver . I came across these and was wondering if anybody had had any experience with them ?
    http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/servospecs.pdf
    At $275 for four it looks like a pretty good deal ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I checked out drivers, they look good! I assume you will be using two drivers on the "x" axis
    and one each on the "y" & "z" if this is true then you should do well with a 15amp supply with
    15-20,000mfd capacitor for filtering.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might be aware of it, Clifton motors will need encoders before they can be used. I could not find that price for servo drivers on imsrv. website.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you mean the clifton cheap servo's from this thread, then thay are rated at 20 Amps peak. The driver boards you are looking at are only good for 5Amps. The cheap servos will work well with gecko 320's, and you know you're gonna get the best service if you buy from them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by pack rat
    You might be aware of it, Clifton motors will need encoders before they can be used. I could not find that price for servo drivers on imsrv. website.
    pack rat, the pricing is available at our on-line store at http://www.cadcamcadcam.com

Fred Smith - IMService