Power needs for my router setup

Thread: Power needs for my router setup

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Power needs for my router setup

I have a question about the electrical needs of my setup for my Open Builds C-Beam Machine XL. The setup electrically is as follows:

4 x 381oz Nema 23 steppers running at 50 volts on a Gecko G540. (2 y-axis motors)
    1 x DeWalt DWP611 Router (7 amp max)
    1 x VacMaster Shop Vac for dust collection (7 amp max)
    1 x Generic PC with LCD monitor. (Not sure about the amps, can't be much)

My question is as follows? If I run all of this on a 15 amp breaker am I going to blow the breaker? If yes, which devices should I run extension cords for to a different 15 amp breaker?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Power needs for my router setup

Put the shopvac on the separate plug. It has a nice long cord on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes you will blow the breaker when the machine is fully loaded.

Normally dust collection is on its own circuit. This especially if you get a centralized system. In your case you are cutting the load on the breaker nearly in half by moving to another circuit.

Good practice for reliable operation off a breaker is to avoid loading the breaker beyond 80% of its rated capacity. You also need to realize that a machine might not operate at the full curent rating of all atached devices.

Sometimes one can justify an all in one approach. That is having the vac, computer, and machine all in one frame feed from a single source. If you go that route you should consider real panel box engineering, effectively installing a sub panèl. Right now simply plugging the vac in somewhere else ought to do the trick.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, as Jim suggested for the shop vac. You might be able to get away with running everything on the one circuit if you did not start everything at the same time. The starting load current is what might give you a problem.