Need Help! LARGE 5 X 10 STEEL ROUTER BUILD - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: LARGE 5 X 10 STEEL ROUTER BUILD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LARGE 5 X 10 STEEL ROUTER BUILD

while the CS-Lab only 125kHz
    That's there basic model, he IP/M, which has a lot fewer features.
    The IP/S has a 4MHz step rate.

CS Labs boards have been considered the best Mach3 boards for many years now.

If you're looking at Mach4, I think the Hicon Integra may have better Mach4 support at this time.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post

If you're looking at Mach4, I think the Hicon Integra may have better Mach4 support at this time.
    Ok great I will definitely look at those.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's cool to know thanks...

Only thing I'm not too keen on with CS Labs is soldering DB25 cups, or sourcing parallel port cables and buying 4 of their breakout boards... where the HiCON has the terminals for all connections. I suppose if you're using DIN rails in your e- cabinet the CS Lab solution woulf be better...

Downloads
    Uploads

Only thing I'm not too keen on with CS Labs is soldering DB25 cups, or sourcing parallel port cables and buying 4 of their breakout boards
    The cables and breakout boards are included with the CSMIO/IP-S. See the second picture here:
    CSMIO/IP-S | 6-axis Motion Controller (STEP/DIR), Ethernet | CS-Lab

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

The cables and breakout boards are included with the CSMIO/IP-S. See the second picture here:
    Ok so correct me if I am missing anything. Here are the things that I will use with my control. I definitely want to go with a ethernet cable.

Spindle speed control
    Limit switches
    Tool changer
    Actuator for duct collection hood.
    Coolant/mister unit
    X,y,z axis's

What am I missing?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ramsey321 View Post
    What am I missing?
    I'm not sure it was included with the ATC, but inputs for setting your zeros via touch plate / edge plate. Also, not sure it was included, but inputs for the sensors from your ATC spindle. There will be one to make sure the tool is engaged, and something to control the air pressure for you tool changes.

Whether you run all of these sensors to your board or if some go through your VFD, I don't know, but am interested to find out by following your build.

I'm sorry I can't be too much help as I haven't yet set up a system like this myself.

I have been doing some preliminary work on ballscrew sizing and inertia. The only thing I would say is please don't buy a 5mm pitch ballscrew. If you give me some specifics such as the length and diameter of the ballscrew, and the motor, and the weight of your Z that goes up and down, if you plan on a counterbalance system, etc, I can run the numbers in my spreadsheet and see what they say. I'm still working out the bugs, and I think I will make some posts in the rotary and linear motion forum when I get a chance for things not directly related to your build.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stop talking me into it!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NIC 77 View Post
    I'm not sure it was included with the ATC, but inputs for setting your zeros via touch plate / edge plate. Also, not sure it was included, but inputs for the sensors from your ATC spindle. There will be one to make sure the tool is engaged, and something to control the air pressure for you tool changes.

Whether you run all of these sensors to your board or if some go through your VFD, I don't know, but am interested to find out by following your build.

I'm sorry I can't be too much help as I haven't yet set up a system like this myself.

I have been doing some preliminary work on ballscrew sizing and inertia. The only thing I would say is please don't buy a 5mm pitch ballscrew. If you give me some specifics such as the length and diameter of the ballscrew, and the motor, and the weight of your Z that goes up and down, if you plan on a counterbalance system, etc, I can run the numbers in my spreadsheet and see what they say. I'm still working out the bugs, and I think I will make some posts in the rotary and linear motion forum when I get a chance for things not directly related to your build.
    Ok thanks Nic 77 I will keep you in mind. Regarding controlling the spindle I need to figure out exactly what controls, spindle speed, ATC, and other sensors. This is my first build so I need to figure all this out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ramsey321 View Post
    Ok thanks Nic 77 I will keep you in mind. Regarding controlling the spindle I need to figure out exactly what controls, spindle speed, ATC, and other sensors. This is my first build so I need to figure all this out.
    Here's a user manual for some ATC spindles:

http://support.technocnc.com/pdf/HSD...o-spindles.pdf

If you go to page 47 you will see some pin layouts. This should give you an idea of what to expect.

For the spindle I have, I have 5 wires in the main power cable. 4 are thick and are for power, 3phases + 1 ground. 1 is thin, this is for a sensor obviously, I'm guessing it's for a tool engaged sensor, but I don't know for certain.

Up top I have two three pronged plugs. This is obviously for air pressure. I'm assuming that these control solenoids that are built into the spindle for two air ports, but again I am not certain.

The spindle you buy will have more sensors if the manual in the link is any indication. I have no idea how these should be connected.

I will be using a quick tool change as opposed to an automatic tool change system. Who knows if I will change that in the future. What I do know is that I don't want to mess with collets every time I change a bit. It's easy enough to reset a z zero using a touch plate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456