optical slot limit sensors - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: optical slot limit sensors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: optical slot limit sensors

Interesting point here, one local cabinet maker around here converted one of those smaller touring busses into a traveling shop. The bus being one of those with the massive windows all around. I've never actually meant the guy running the business but have seen the "bus" many times. You could easily see all of his tools obviously set up for cabinet makng. The big windows must have been great for working in the daylight.

The big problem you will have with a router in such a trailer is access. Handling full size sheet goods will be a chore if not close to impossible. You may need to make considerable midifications to the trailer beyond gutting it.
    I was planning on taking out a picture window in the side, and installing some sort of large access double doors. nothing too fancy. if nothing else, it will also work for getting CNC parts into the trailer. the only issue i can see there is the head-bump door header i will have to install to support snow-load in the winter. head-room is already an issue, so installing lighting may also cause head-bump issues.

in the little bit of demolition i did today, i found rot in the ceiling and walls.
    it was expected, as that is the reason i decided to gut it out, so i could find and fix the rot, shore up the walls, and a low-pitch new roof, with real rafters. i suspect this will add weight, but i am removing a lot of interior walls and furniture, as well as the water tanks. i will also add in at least one wall for diagonal bracing.

demolition is the inexpensive part. i will have to do some fund-raising for the re-build, and CNC build. i hate to sell my Goldwing and some other stuff, but it isn't really making me anywhere near as much money as it is costing me.

~Travis

Techno Isel Gantry III (?) base machine. EMC/LinuxCNC controller (Mesa 7i80HD-16).
    about 48 X 48 X 5 inch working, Perske 3PH 5HP spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by travis_farmer View Post
    Smaller machines don't necessarily need limits. but if i have any, homing sensors are more important, and end limits are really only needed by preference. I may have them, simply in case i miscalculate something.

~Travis
    Once you home your machine, and zero out your tool to the workpiece, if the soft limits are set, when you load a program, your controller software should detect if it will travel past any of the extents you set, and give you a warninh, before the job even runs. You should be able to run your controller in simulation mode and try it for yourself...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12