Where do you live? I'm selling 2 K2 CNC routers I don't use anymore. One is a 5x5 the other is a 2 x 4. But I'm in Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by drxlcarfreak View Post
Hi guys,

I have been wanting to get into CNCs for some time and have been looking into around a 4'x4' (If decently cheaper, or can cheaply be upgrading later I would be fine with a 2'x4' machine too) machine like the CNC router parts, Fine Line Automation and Kronos kits and plans. My overall plan for the machine is mainly to cut foam blocks and MDF for fiberglass molds, with occasional aluminum cutting. I know the aluminum makes it tough and pretty much rules out MDF machines, and even 8020 is on the flimsy end. Unfortunately in my research the cheapest of these kits with doing a lot of DIY comes in around $4,000 and up, and are still a bit outside of my price range.

Since I haven't ever messed with a CNC before, I was looking into entry level machines to get my feet wet before jumping in the deep end. I stumbled across the Bobscnc E3 machine all in for around $600. For the price, it seems to be the most robust and largest work area of the cheaper end kits. The next larger work area kit I found is the CNCRP desktop kit, but the jump in price is considerable. I know that the E3 wouldn't be able to mill aluminum, but is it a decent kit to get my feet wet, or should I continue saving up for the machine I want?

I know that I could make something cheaper of my own design, but since I have never done anything like this before, even though I am mechanically inclined, I would rather have a proven kit/design than a pile of expensive non working parts in the corner of my garage.

Thanks!