Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Router home build Australia. Solid steel build

Noice!
    Hope you have fun with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello 80gus - On a wood working table the front vertical piece is called an apron. Its there for vertical holding as you have re discovered. Many mills and routers have an apron for this sort of thing. The image is my router cutting a tenon on the apron. Cheers Peter S

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Router home build Australia. Solid steel build-apron-jpg  
    Last edited by peteeng; 01-11-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks like a machine that won't lack power.Very solid job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mindfulmunchkin View Post
    Bump to thread,

After seeing 80gus's CNC build it really inspired me to create something like it, I loved the strong ally design and the possible versatility of the table, Having very limited tools at hand, It took me around 6 months to build. I mostly used a Makita drop saw with a high tooth blade to create the larger pieces and lots of hand filing. I loved the front design so I can mount work pieces at a later date. I wanted the table to be flexible to work wood and aluminum and be used as a plasma table.

I'm in the process of welding up a removable water table up and a plasma torch holder for the Z axis, speaking of my Z axis, as you can tell from the pictures I thew it together with what I had, No plans lol, It works great but now that I have a working machine making, upgrading the Z axis will be done in due course, I sourced a little bit thicker ally C channel so it wouldn't flex. I'm in the process of buying a tooling plate for milling when funds allow but plasma cutting is my main concern atm.
    You kind of need a CNC machine to make a good tight CNC machine I'm using an Stepcraft UC300ETH motion controller connected to an Ocean control's bob, which is hard wired to my laptop via Ethernet cable.

Thanks to 80gus for posting his build, Once I saw his build I couldn't get it out of my head.

Here's a few pictures and video link, I'm no engineering student so don't be to critical, It's just a hobby machine and works awesome.

Router home build Australia. Solid steel build-img_20200111_093515-jpgRouter home build Australia. Solid steel build-img_20200111_093103_1-jpgRouter home build Australia. Solid steel build-img_20200111_093048-jpgRouter home build Australia. Solid steel build-img_20200111_093525-jpgRouter home build Australia. Solid steel build-img_20200111_093121-jpg

thanks mate glad the post helped inspire others. awesome build, and sorry on the delayed reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12