Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How 'bout some pics of stuff you've MADE with your CNC Router?

Default How 'bout some pics of stuff you've MADE with your CNC Router?

One thing we don't see (at least I don't) is pics of stuff that you have made with your DIY CNC routers. There isn't a forum for that is there?

I mean, I know the focus here is on building machines, but we build them to make things - right? So let's see some of the stuff your machines can do!

Thanks,
    Wally

Similar Threads:

first real test i did , there were a few goofs ,
    but it s still my favourite , you hve to be at a distance from the computer screen ,the photo isn t that great

Wow, I haven't done a single personal job for myself or anyone else since my machine started rurring a year or so ago.

Coolest thing I've made so far is this hardwood floor medallion.

I am working on a craftsman style lamp.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -medal2-jpg  
    Steve
    DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!

Here is a 5 foot prop I made for a friend.

Yes, we mounted it to a midget-mustang experimental plane and ran it. I have no pics of the finished prop, though. I was too excited to get it out of my garage.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -5-foot-prop-jpg   -5-foot-prop-2-jpg  

Lest my list name of "Torchhead" impart the image that all I cut is steel......

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Lest my list name of "Torchhead" impart the image that all I cut is steel......
    That's the biggest coaster I've ever seen.

Steve
    DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledbrat View Post
    Here is a 5 foot prop I made for a friend.
    Man this is kismet. I am building a wood router and I was just talking to a friend of mine about some of the things that can be made with a CNC machine. As an example I said that I was thinking about making a large prop with engraving as art for another friend of ours who's really into RC flying.

Any chance I can get the DXF (or whatever type of) file you used for that prop?

BobL.

Here's something I did for a CAD/CAM class a week or two ago.

I put a grid over the Carmen pic in Corel.
    Then set up a coordinate system and used it to create some ridiculous splines in Inventor.
    Imported the Inventor Part into EdgeCAM and created the G-Code.
    Finally, the 'clock' was cut on our light-weight CNC Dremel tool here at McMaster University. You can let me know how close I got to the original Carmen! Clearly there are some limitations in detail since we were using a 1/8" bit.

The plastic sheet we used is kind of a sandwhich. The core is red with about a 1/64" thick white layer on the top and bottom surfaces. Interesting stuff. Supposed you could do the same by painting the upper surface of your workpiece, although the paint may have a tendency to chip.

- Shawn

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -carmenelectra_small-jpg   -clock1-jpg   -dscn0526_small-jpg  

bobl:

Email me at rforney AT forneydesigns .com , I will send you a 3dm, IGES, or something like that. My rhino files never did export to autocad very well.

Default another pic

Here is my latest.

Let me know what you think

Rob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -skull-wings-chopper-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

The first one is done in glass and the second is done with red oak.

Woops

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cnc-001-jpg   -cnc-002-jpg   -cnc-001-jpg   -cnc-002-jpg  

Rob,
    That skull design came out great. Man you guys are killing me. I can't wait to get mine done. It will be a while yet, but these pics sure make me itchy.

BobL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast