Need Help! Stepper motor halts between runs, help needed

Thread: Stepper motor halts between runs, help needed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stepper motor halts between runs, help needed

Hi there.
    I'm a newbie here, so if this thread is started in wrong section, I request the moderators to move this in appropriate section.

I am in the way of making a medium CNC router. I am having a wierd problem in one of my stepper motors. It was not there a few days ago., Googling could not give me any solution. I tried different driver, but the same problem exists.
    Key specs:-
    Motor- Nema 17 motor, 4.2kg-cm holding torque, 1.8 degree step.
    Driver- DRV8825
    Supply- 12V (ATX PSU)
    Controller- Arduino+GRBL0.9j
    Microstepping- Full step. (I am using leadscrews, I don't need microstepping as of now).

The motor worked fine a couple of days ago too. Now when moving, and taking acceleration, the motor halts with vibrations. I can spin the shaft, so it's not holding stage, but it's also not spinning. at the end of motion, when it is expected to de-accelerate, it works.
    Another Same motor works fine with same driver and control, so I suspect the motor has problem. I opened the back but I cannot see any visual damage or burnt copper coils.

Please check the short video

I'll be thankful to you for giving me suggesion of how to overcome this problem.