CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine

Thread: CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine

I have been tempted to build, buy, beg, borrow, or steal a cnc machine for a while now.
    I dabble in many hobbies, and always have too many things going to commit to building one.

That is until now. I ordered a set of plans from Brian (Grunblau) to study.
    I really wanted a machine to cut aluminum, but decided to build a lighter duty outfit as a learning experience.
    The plans are great, very few anomalies, all of the info is there to build a machine.
    I made a few adjustments to the size, and started looking for a "local" printer to print the blueprints.

I'm not much of a data entry guy, so here are some pics.

A huge thanks to Brian and those on this site that provide the info to allow an idiot like me to build a machine!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3887-jpg   CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3896-jpg   CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3949-jpg   CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3895-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine

I guess I should post the first few attempts. I also need to take a pic of the thing in the state of semi-completion as it sits

I plan on concocting some sort of dust collection soon, but for now, I'm just trying to figure all of this stuff out.....

For the first one, I had a bit of backlash in the "X". It didn't have the auto z macro working. Man is that nice!
    Now I have limits/home position working on x,y,and z also.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3972-jpg   CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3976-468-jpg   CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3979-467-jpg   CNC NOOB builds a modified Grunblau machine-imag3981-jpg  

Last edited by braef; 02-14-2017 at 08:12 PM.