Newbie design decision

Thread: design decision

Downloads
    Uploads

Default design decision

Hi,
    I was reading this forum for a while and finally I am going to build my own cnc router. (I wish I would discover this forum before buying anything!)
    The good thing is that I already purchased major parts. and the bad thing is that these purchases are limiting my creativity and the whole design.
    working area is around 175x60x20cm
    Frame will be build of 20x80 t-slot profiles (literally 20x80mm) because I got them for a very good price. Most likely they will be used as 40x80 sandwiches or 'H' beams
    Linear rails are Chinese TRH20, some cheaper 'hiwin' copies
    got 2x 195mm and 2x 105mm with 12 carriage blocks.
    Also took same amount of SBR16 rail (just to re-sell and get back some shipping expenses)
    SFU1605 ball screws:
    1x2000mm, 1x 700mm, 1x 300mm (didn't think about speed before buying)
    steppers: 3x nema23 312 oz-in, with tb6600 drivers (yes, I know they are crap )
    bosch router will be used as spindle for a while.
    first I was thinking about to build a moving gantry machine, but as long as I am limited with 3 screws and not going to buy the second 2m length, that long 'floating' table is scaring me because of it's flexibility and possible vibrations.
    and the plan B is to build fixed gantry/moving table machine(110mm SBR16 rails with 450mm bearing spacing for table, 1m distance between rails). but because of wrongly chosen rail length I will have to use round rails either for moving table or gantry's top rail. Not going to buy another set. at least not now.
    Here are examples of designs I am considering between:

these are only 'sketches'.
    I know that round rail's performance is lower than square ones, but wondering if they can be used for table without facing too much of their disadvantages? 312 oz-in morots shouldn't create big forces any way. My biggest concern is vibration and surface finishing.
    Another idea is to use one full length round rail on the top of long fixed gantry. it would have to compensate router's cutting force created torque.

Router will be used for wood cutting, also would be nice to upgrade it with water cooled spindle and steel frame in order to cut aluminum sheets... some day

Would be nice to hear a good advise, opinion for one or another design. how about table racking? any experience with these rails spread so far apart? for moving gantry: is it possible to have 2m floating table made of 20x80 profiles without worrying about flexibility too much? should I consider in size reduction (like 60x120mm)?

Thanks!