Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: building my own machine

Got some progress done

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like you'll be way over your original budget of $2K.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Looks like you'll be way over your original budget of $2K.
    For sure its gonna be way over my budget, im
    Already thinking about upgrading my z axis,
    Getting a vaccuum pump and a 4th axis...hopefully
    Someday ill make money with it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i was looking a little bit into wiring the whole thing and saw that i didnt had anything to plug the power supply into the wall so i looked more into it and i remember that i had a pc power supply wire that i hadnt any use for it anymore so i just cut one end figured out which wire goes wire put the wire into my power supply plugged it into the wall and the green light went on pretty stupid little thing but i was quite happy
    i have a lot still to figure out like emergency switch that i just bought and limit swith and the tool touch plate
    im getting all excited with it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

got a monitor with an articulated arm for my machine

i extended the stepper motor wire but the heat shrink i got to cover the 4 wire part was too small so ill have to go back to the store to get a bigger one

got the ermengency, power switch and power input and a relay put them on a cardboard so i could stard to work on the wiring part
    things is i dont know anything about electricity and there is no info on the pins so i dont know how to wire things up

and i thing i didnt put the emergency butoon back together correctly cause it doesnt stay down once you push on it like it supposed to

only info i have is from hobby cnc autralia

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Started to put the electronic together

Yesterday i wired everything together ran a g code to cut a circle to see the motor runing and they did but one motor wasnt running, one did run but only in one way and the other which was probably the z axis but driving my x was ok as turned a little to increase doc

I turned everything off as it was getting late and called it a day
    Today tried the same thing but it woulnt work at all

Downloads
    Uploads

You're going to have to post a detailed schematic of how you have everything wired, as well as what components you're using, if you want any help.
    Bigger pictures would be helpful as well.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You're going to have to post a detailed schematic of how you have everything wired, as well as what components you're using, if you want any help.
    Bigger pictures would be helpful as well.
    Ill do. That soon but for now merry christhmas to all

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So i got my motor wired up...had some trouble with the mach3 setting but i finally got them to work...but still need some tuning and i havent touch the microstepping setting yet!
    https://youtu.be/zk59ej3QlHw
    I still went with the tb6600 since i couldnt afford something better at the moment.
    Motor are nema 23 570oz 5a
    Power supply is a kl350-36v 9.7a

Now im looking into wiring my 600w er16 spindle to my tb6600 board but havent found any clear information about how to do ithere's some picture

I have a ssr25 DA solide state relay i guess ill have to use too

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

got my problem fixed...i should start working on the limit switch and estop button

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Already thinking about changing my spindle, my power supply came in damaged so im gonna try to return it and get a refund
    I came across this on aliexpress which is a really good deal for that kind of spindle

Also thinking about building a new z axis with 400mm hiwin railprobably hgr20 too

For the structure im waiting for the supplier to send me the part i need to put it togetherand he wont ship till mid february im going crazy here cant wait to put it together !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It doesnt seem like anyone is following my build but i will still post an update since the project is coming together
    [URL=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/sunsetaw11/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170216_032052_zpsonvze6fd.jpg.html]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Spec View Post
    It doesnt seem like anyone is following my build but i will still post an update since the project is coming together

I wouldn't say that. Sometimes there isn't a lot to be said. Also personally was working a bit of OT in January so haven't been in the forum much. Sadly to build the shop I want to spend time in I have to work OT in a shop that is hard to work in anymore. It is shocking what poor management can do to worker moral.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I spent nearly a year researching the best machine vs cost and quickly came to the conclusion NOT to buy a Chinese machine. Your budget of $2000 is way too low to get any kind of machine that you would be happy with and would be a waste of $2000. I live in Australia and purchased a machine from the USA. Including shipping cost and the machine cost AUD7000 and on top of that I had to buy wiring, electrical cabinet, cable carrier connectors etc. which cost another $600. I am very happy with the machine. It is very accurate as it uses good quality linear bearings and powerful stepper motors. It comes with a water cooled 2.2kw spindle and controller. Yes, it cost a lot more than I wanted or expected to spend but ended up with a great machine. If you want to know more about where I purchased it from, let me know. Regards Dean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is where im at right now

Agreed...I don't say much but I'm always looking. Acutally...if no one's saying very much you're probably not screwing up!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Made some progress,the control box is coming together, still missing some connector to come in

Im starting to make some test with gcode

Im having a little bit of problem with the z axis sometime the stepper miss step and other it goes deepers than its supposed to...i have a new coupler i should install and see

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails building my own machine-20170903_200925-jpg   building my own machine-20170912_010159-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12