could use help and info, what todo now

Thread: could use help and info, what todo now

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default could use help and info, what todo now

Hi all.
    Im new to this CNC, but it intrest me alot.
    I have build a CNC machine and got it all up and running,Nema 34 and some laser cut parts from work..
    First, what spindel should i buy? i like it big

i have tryied the roadrunner that follows whit the Mach 3 program, trial...and put a pencil to the machine and it draw it, so fare so good..
    What i need help whit now, what program should i choose for a beginner like me?, to start whit i would like to cut some few DXF files, and learn from it, but i cant find any easy programs to make a .Tap file that the Mach 3 ask for..
    Could use any help, allso whit links for download..
    Thx again

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: could use help and info, what todo now

You will want to post some more info on the machine for any suggestions on spindle.

Mach 3 will except txt as well as tap. Fusion 360 is a good place to start.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard2191 View Post
    Hi all.
    Im new to this CNC, but it intrest me alot.
    I have build a CNC machine and got it all up and running,Nema 34 and some laser cut parts from work..
    First, what spindel should i buy? i like it big

i have tryied the roadrunner that follows whit the Mach 3 program, trial...and put a pencil to the machine and it draw it, so fare so good..
    What i need help whit now, what program should i choose for a beginner like me?, to start whit i would like to cut some few DXF files, and learn from it, but i cant find any easy programs to make a .Tap file that the Mach 3 ask for..
    Could use any help, allso whit links for download..
    Thx again
    Simplest one is probably Cut2D. Does what you ask of it. vectric.com. You can open most any text file in Mach3, the only difference is the extension. (.tap, .txt, .nc, etc...)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

about my build i bourght these on Ebay..
    German Ship 3Axis Nema 34 Stepper Motor 1232OZ-IN,5.6A & DRIVER CNC PLASMA&MILL | eBay
    and
    SBR16-300/1000/1500mm linear rail set+3 16mm ballscrew RM1605+BKBF12 bearing CNC | eBay

its build in steel, and allmost rdy to run..
    And thx for the fast reply, i will try download the software, and try to learn it..

Downloads
    Uploads

Post a pic of your machine.

As Louie said, Cut2D is about as easy as it gets.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got a spindel from Ebay as a set, have just mounted it..
    Anyway, my Axis are sometimes stalling, and tryied for 3 days now to locate why, whit no result..
    have looked trough forums here to see if more people have the same problem, and some have, my next try will be trying another computer, just to see if that works out.

And for the controller(or whats it called) whit those small white switches, i have no clue where to set em? i have set them for 3200 steps i think, and seems to be running ok, but still stalls...and for the current, i dont dare touching those switches, i dont wanna burn something of, but they are set for the higest Amps, im using Nema 34 motors

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard2191 View Post
    Got a spindel from Ebay as a set, have just mounted it..
    Anyway, my Axis are sometimes stalling, and tryied for 3 days now to locate why, whit no result..
    have looked trough forums here to see if more people have the same problem, and some have, my next try will be trying another computer, just to see if that works out.

And for the controller(or whats it called) whit those small white switches, i have no clue where to set em? i have set them for 3200 steps i think, and seems to be running ok, but still stalls...and for the current, i dont dare touching those switches, i dont wanna burn something of, but they are set for the higest Amps, im using Nema 34 motors
    You MUST set current at the rating of your motors or less. Also 3200 steps may be excessive, try 800 or 1600. Try lowering velocity or accel.