Starting my build... - Page 3

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my build...

Default Re: Starting my build...

Cool...thanks for the link Gerry. A little more expensive on eBay and less pricey on Aliexpress. I've not ever ordered from Aliexpress...reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    If you're worried, go with the DM556.
    DM556D 50VDC 5 6A High Performance Digital Stepper Stepping Motor Driver | eBay

Leadshine's website has a non digital M542, but doesn't list a digital DM542. That doesn't mean they don't make them, as I know that they make other drives that aren't listed on their website (AM882)

Or, but directly from China.
    Leadshine DM542 Digital Stepper Motor Driver 20 50 VDC with 1.0 4.2A for CNC Router Kits driver-in Motor Driver from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Downloads
    Uploads

A little more expensive on eBay
    The link on Ebay is a more powerful drive.

Never ordered from AliExpress. Probably no different than a chinese seller on Ebay.

I've had good luck with Chinese Ebay sellers, getting spindles and drives in less than a week.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    OK, but do you think these are "fake" none-digital 542s or digital ones? What would make me suspicious is the sellers low rate plus the strange label on the drivers. I don't buy anything from sellers who have less that 99% rates.
    No idea and not really interested you requested a link to cheap $30 DM542's in the post above mine, so I thought I would open eBay and get you one it took all of 2 seconds, you also said if 15 micro stepping settings you thought they would be digital, buy directly from longsmotor99 then I believe they have 99.9% feedback currently, I just supplied a link you requested at the end of the day so why do you want my opinion?

Downloads
    Uploads

Aliexpress is just like ebay - you have to pick the seller. Look at the feedback, how long they've been selling, how many orders they've had and what they sell. I tend not to buy from sellers who sell everything from junk bracelets to clothing to cnc parts - they know nothing about what they sell.

I think the % feedback is a bit less manipulated on aliexpress.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    No idea and not really interested you requested a link to cheap $30 DM542's in the post above mine, so I thought I would open eBay and get you one it took all of 2 seconds, you also said if 15 micro stepping settings you thought they would be digital, buy directly from longsmotor99 then I believe they have 99.9% feedback currently, I just supplied a link you requested at the end of the day so why do you want my opinion?
    I think you misunderstood me completely. I am not looking for any drivers at all. I have more than I need, bought mine from Wantaimotor, got them delivered from Germany 4 days after my order and have two spare ones. I know how to use and search eBay and I know how to find the cheapest. I was interested in the claims that there are fake DM542 drivers which are claimed to be digital but are analog. I was interested in what makes you believe those are analog and if you have a link to those you suspect are analog.

Assuming I have double bearings at each end of my 1/2-10 5 start lead screw...how to I secure the ends of the lead screw...are there nuts for a 5 start thread?

Yea...after I posted the above I took a look at dumpstercnc and found the threaded collars. I also found them on eBay and ordered from there, along with a flexible coupler, and anti-backlash nut.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I'm too late, but you really don't need threaded collars, the clamp on ones work just fine and don't damage the threads. I have been ordering these off of ebay and cncrouter parts for years. 1/2" Shaft Collar | CNCRouterParts

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygeek View Post
    I think I'm too late, but you really don't need threaded collars, the clamp on ones work just fine and don't damage the threads. I have been ordering these off of ebay and cncrouter parts for years. 1/2" Shaft Collar | CNCRouterParts
    The threaded collar does work pretty well. Plus more surface area for hold, which is always a good thing.

I've decided that I'm going to donate my 1000mmX1000mm Shapeoko2 to the local MakerSpace. I'll keep it long enough to cut out the necessary parts for my new machine. I won't be able to assemble the new machine until the SO2 is out of the way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If not too late, look at the Leadshine closed loop motor and drive sets (stepper motors and drives). No missing steps and untiresonance futures. They perform as a servo with much better price. For home project it should be enough to achieve speed and accuracy. For industrial applications use servo drives and motors only.
    Aliexpress is a good source of motor controls. I wouldn't complain much about their service, same buyers protection as on eBay and same one month delivery from China. Simply compare price between eBay and Aliexpress and choose the best.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fretman_2 View Post
    Assuming I have double bearings at each end of my 1/2-10 5 start lead screw...how to I secure the ends of the lead screw...are there nuts for a 5 start thread?
    Here's how I do mine:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-wo...tml#post125415

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boldive View Post
    If not too late, look at the Leadshine closed loop motor and drive sets (stepper motors and drives). No missing steps and untiresonance futures.
    Waste of money,imo. You don't lose steps unless you try to go faster than your motors are capable of. Properly sized motors and good quality digital drives should give the same performance.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Made a little progress...got the torsion box constructed.
    Starting my build...-20160423_110217-jpg

Starting my build...-20160423_112426-jpg

Starting my build...-20160423_112418-jpg

Starting my build...-20160423_113659-jpg

The beam seems super strong and weighs 17 lbs according to my bathroom scale. I'll suspend it between to points after the glue dries and sit on it and test for deflection...LOL. BTW...thanks so much for the advice everyone!!!!

Mockup...rail and beam are very rigid.

Starting my build...-20160424_112721-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Starting to look like a machine!

Yea...it is...scary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    Starting to look like a machine!

A comparison of my Shapeoko2 gantry extrusions and the torsion box I'm building. You can see why I'm building something new!

Starting my build...-20160424_145229-jpg

I really like the SBR16 rails. I can get the trucks tightened where there's no play, but locations the attachment holes for M5 bolts don't line up with the locations indicated on the drawings provided by the eBay vendor. Only 4 of them lined up and those were the corners oddly enough. I had to drill out the z axis plate in the pic above to get the bolts to line up. You can't really see it, but it bothers me and I'd like to have clean holes. Anyone have a procedure to measure the holes in the individual trucks, then drill?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast