5x5 cnc Igus Drylin rail vs OX wheel system

Thread: 5x5 cnc Igus Drylin rail vs OX wheel system

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5x5 cnc Igus Drylin rail vs OX wheel system

Hi

So I'm planning to build my cnc 5x5ft with linear rail and 8020 extrusion. I was looking at the Igus Drylin W. As being a simple rail system, that could be quite usefull and easy to work.. using : bearing block : WJ200UM-01-16 and rail WS-16

Like to position on a 8020 2x single Igus Drylin w rail at top and at bottom. Like already done :

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...722-cnc-3.html

I know PBC linear do the uni-rail, but it's way much more money for the need. So at end: is a drylin system will give better result than an OX system with wheel all around ?

And I've read some people see some play into the igus bearing.. but they sell floating bearing. Is a regular one will also get a huge gap.. ?
    But is the gap will be higher than an OX cnc...

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5x5 cnc Igus Drylin rail vs OX wheel system

Without taking down a price for the stuff you are talking about, I reckon Hiwin linear bearings from aliexpress would be price competitive and much better.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I experimented with some Igus Drylin linear rails for an x/y laser application, and was not impressed. Too much "sticktion" and play with both regular and preload bearings. I could not get rid of binding issues in my y-axis (dual Y rail gantry system). I switched to Hiwins purchased through Motion Constrained here in the states, and got a much better movement for a reasonable price. IMHO, for a low cost router application use the Hiwins. If you haven't yet, check out Open Builds, they have a very nice T-slot rail product that may give you ideas.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank for the tips. I do think the plain linear bearing could be a better route. But as over my design, I plan to remove the gantry to position the cnc around the shop
    for storage. I guess removing the bearing carriage from his track might not be the best idea...?

I do think the v-wheel might go on and off the extrusion v-track quite easily and a rack rail in between. All together probably bolted to an 8020 frame. But is the
    bearing will still be am ultra better performer than small wheel ?

I know I will have to adjust those eccentric spacer probably every few hours of use.. hope it's not every time I need to used them.
    On the price point, indeed, the Hiwin bearing is about same cost as the Drylin. PBC linear do some unirail system, but play will be about the same at end vs a plain bearing...