Just In Best coolant for radiators.

Thread: Best coolant for radiators.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Best coolant for radiators.

Hello people smarter than me.

This is my first of hopefully lots of posts here as I learned the limited knowledge I do have mostly from CNCzone.

I researched building my own CNC for a year before I built myfirst of MDF, a gantry machine.
    Best coolant for radiators.-wood-cnc-jpg
    This did some awesome work
    Best coolant for radiators.-refuge-sign-jpgBest coolant for radiators.-jake-taya-jpgBest coolant for radiators.-baby-fin-jpg

But now that I have proved to myself that the heavily researched project isn't a complete failure I built an aluminum one that's way more accurate.
    Best coolant for radiators.-cnc-machine-jpg
    Now I decided to get rid of the long ugly cooling lines and move the cooling to the Z trolley, with pc radiators and pump.
    Best coolant for radiators.-cnc-fans-front-jpgBest coolant for radiators.-cnc-fans-back-jpg
    Now that I've moved to this new cooling system I have to ask what to cool it with as it is in a shop that freezes every night in the winter? I work seasonal construction in Minnesota and am coming into the heavy hours and won't have but weekends to mess around with it. I have used RV antifreeze up to this point but am afraid that the long times uncirculated it will get sticky in the spindle as it utilizes mostly sugar from what I understand to keep from freezing. Can I use regular car antifreeze or will this eat up the aluminum and or plastic pump and rubber tubing? If I can use car antifreeze should I use red or green? will it be ok in the machine for months if by chance I don't get around to playing with it all summer God forbid.

Another question what can I do with the old wood one that's not as accurate? Can I sell it? its not perfect by any means.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Best coolant for radiators.

I recently purchased a TIG welder with a water cooled torch. Everyone told me to NOT use antifreeze for a car. The welding stores sell an antifreeze that is recommended for TIG torches without the "sealant" chemicals. It is pretty pricey (about $25-$30) per gallon and you can dilute it with distilled water but the ratio is not very high. As I remember the ratio is like 1/2 gallon of distilled water to two gallons of antifreeze. If you want to install a filter in the line here is a link to a TIG filter:

TIG Torch Water Cooler Filter Torchsaver 510 Welding Water Filter Lincoln MIG | eBay

Anyway, I would go to a welding store and get the antifreeze they sell.

Best of luck with your new machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know anything about it but, there is also antifreeze for windshield washers. Windshield washers have tiny holes so there is nothing to clog holes.

Just a thought that need more research !!!

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

You need Dow frost. Works for everything (in fact the welding supply companies sell it under a rebranded name). Stuff never causes problems and I believe is used in food packaging plants as well.