New table for an existing Camtech?

Thread: New table for an existing Camtech?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New table for an existing Camtech?

Just putting a thought out there for anyone who might have pursued something like this.

I have a old Camtech custom machine (manufactured in 2000) with a centroid controller/servo/atc spindle combo. It a nice router for its age and a steal for the $5k I paid for it years ago.
    It has a 5' y x 4' x table and an on the side tool changer (linear) so the gantry is even wider.

I've been mulling over a Chinese 5x10 or 4x8 router (heavy duty) but I can't help but look at the table and wonder if I can't just get a new table, new rails and maybe some new wiring (for length).

A new table that was the same width would seem relatively easy (I would have it made) but I have no idea what a ballpark price to have a high quality steel tube table made would be.

I can still get the rails from rexroth l'm sure, and I've already ordered some nos bearings. The controller would likely get an update too for about 6k or we could swap motor's out too and redo the whole machine for less.

A Chinese machine would be about 22k (+shipping etc), and my guess is a table and rails will be about 5-9k plus the controller upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Similar Threads:
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New table for an existing Camtech?

Well, no answer here but for anyone searching in the future, the first ballpark price I got was $5-7k. Then plus rails, and maybe additional machining plus control etc. So unless I find a local option for 3-5k then I doubt this is the best way to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New table for an existing Camtech?

On further inspection, the table isn't relevant. The machine is actually on an aluminum table and frame that is then mounted on a steel table. To extend it easily (ie no adjustments to the gantry) id need to recreate the extrusion they used which is a stepped T slot and definitely custom.