New Machine Build Wood construction, enclosed 2x4 CNC router build, dust collection, vacuum table. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood construction, enclosed 2x4 CNC router build, dust collection, vacuum table.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wood construction, enclosed 2x4 CNC router build, dust collection, vacuum table.

1 o2 Control schematics, Not perfect by any means; can’t afford the proper software. Had to draw quite a few of the components from scratch :-(

http://driedhotpeppers.com/CNC/Draw_...c_CNC_1500.jpg

If you see an error please advise, thanks
    Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wood construction, enclosed 2x4 CNC router build, dust collection, vacuum table.

Found a few minutes to get the board started, controllers first, air will blow under the fins to help with cooling and wires go through the face and will be routed on the back side. Shaping up to be a nice clean looking board when finished, :-)

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Still waiting for the slow boat from China for more components to finish the first control board but getting a few things done just the same.

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great weekend! Cheers - Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

perfect...

http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

In case anyone was wondering what the back side looked like. Received the step down transformers from China but at 60vdc they blow up and start on fire, will have to figure out another route. :-(

Cheers - Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That has to be the slickest looking diy controller board I have ever see. Very nicely done. Where did you get the LCD power displays. Really neat touch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ShallowPass View Post
    That has to be the slickest looking diy controller board I have ever see. Very nicely done. Where did you get the LCD power displays. Really neat touch.
    Thanks ShallowPass, you can get them off ebay really cheap and they seem to be pretty accurate so far. Welcome to the forum!!

Cheers - Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Well it's time to start the Control and Command Center. :-)

Drew up a few sketches, pretty rough tho, not much of a drawer or carpenter as you can see; but I fun trying!

Started out with a full 1-3/4 solid plywood base, laminated top and oak border that will have some inset decor later.
    the component/monitors will mechanically rise via threaded rod from the back side, pics should tell the story.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

Cheers - Jeff

Looks like you should be launching ICBM's with that control panel!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are the gears and chain for? Also, don't suppose you have a wiring diagram for your control board? Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ShallowPass View Post
    What are the gears and chain for? Also, don't suppose you have a wiring diagram for your control board? Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    Greeting ShallowPass and welcome to the forum!!

The cains and threaded rods will raise and lower the monitors/control-Panel you see in the last pic down inside the main command center which you can see in the foreground of the second to last pic.
    Go back a page and there will be a schematic posted.

Cheers - Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jeff for answering my stupid questions. As soon as I saw it I remembered reviewing the diagram weeks ago. Great stuff.

Also, Internet law states that anything that cool must be posted to you tube. Only non-posting of bikini girl fail videos holds a greater mandatory sentence. Sorry. Them's the rules.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a few more pics of the command and control center, test fitting mainly and some construction as well.

Have a great weekend!!

Cheers - Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post
    pretty rough tho, not much of a drawer or carpenter as you can see
    yeah...you should be embarrassed for posting that crap!!! HAHAHA...WTH dude! just kidding, that is some awsome awsome work!!
    I think this is one for the history/record books...like "Stepperhead".
    Very Very nice job dude!!! sorry for whatever tragedy befell you to have to stop, but looks like your back on the horse, and I for one, cant wait to see this baby done.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uh, I have a new hero!

Carpentry AND DIY-CNC in one beautiful fusion...brings a tear to a man's eye... Great motivation!

Time to go make dust! And, oh yeah - thanks for sharing the artwork. That's cool cabinetry.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post
    Just a few more pics of the command and control center, test fitting mainly and some construction as well.
    Deleted some great pictures!

Have a great weekend!!

Cheers - Jeff
    Well Jeff it isn't the weekend but your pictures made my day! I work in automation so I see all sorts of control cabinets every day, not a one of them have the craftsmanship and elegance of your build. I'm not sure why you want the video screens and so forth to go up and down but whatever the reason it sure does look good.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Really nice craftsmanship!

Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12