Need Help! Having issues wit spindle start up.

Thread: Having issues wit spindle start up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Having issues wit spindle start up.

Hello
    I am having weird issue with the spindle start up. I am using a smooth stepper board and mach 3. When I punch in the M3 code it starts to spin up then throws and e-stop. I went through and checked the operation of the VFD and spindle manually and they both work fine. Any suggestions on what the issue is?

One other problem I am having is that the pendant is jerky and slow to respond. You turn the encoder wheel and then a slit second later the machine moves. If you turn the when several times quickly and then stop , the machine will continues to move until it reaches the proper position. I am sure this is a setting I am missing. Any help in either of these areas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Having issues wit spindle start up.

Probably noise from the VFD/Spindle is triggering the Estop input.

What kind of pendant are you using?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Probably noise from the VFD/Spindle is triggering the Estop input.

What kind of pendant are you using?
    Hello Gerry, is there a way to change settings to get the spindle working? The pendant I am using is this one
    CNC4PC

Thanks for the response.
    Jamie

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

as Gerry already said the trouble with the estop is most likely caused by electromagnetic noise.

Check for proper grounding, use shielded cables between VFD and spindle, add a line filter before the VFD and add a small 100nF capacitor to the estop input (as close to the computer as possible)...

Christian

My CAM Software and CNC Controller: www.estlcam.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Knüll View Post
    Hi,

as Gerry already said the trouble with the estop is most likely caused by electromagnetic noise.

Check for proper grounding, use shielded cables between VFD and spindle, add a line filter before the VFD and add a small 100nF capacitor to the estop input (as close to the computer as possible)...

Christian

Hi Christian, I used the proper 100% shielded vfd purpose built cable, but I will look into the other suggestions you made. I can get spindle to run fine when using the knob on the VFD itself, just not when using the M3 through Mach3 and smooth stepper. Thanks for the help.
    Jamie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just have to say how awesome this forum is. The help you guys give is so much appreciated for new guys like myself. I know it's a headache at times to deal with the newbie and thankless, but keep reaching out, you guys make this hobby more enjoyable. A special thanks to Jeff Alessi that is taking the time over the phone to help me solve my issues. One day i will be able to help someone else with the same issues.