CNC Touch Monitor

Thread: CNC Touch Monitor

Default CNC Touch Monitor

When I started my KRmc01 mill book I had envisioned an enclosure with a touch screen from the start. I was when I came across an open box deal any my local Best Buy for a an ACER DA220HQL all in one touch monitor.

After building my enclosure and attaching the touch screen to my Windows 7 machine, things would never be the same again.

CNC Touch Monitor-krmc01touch-jpg

I recently came across the Dell E2014T touch monitor and decided to convert all my other CNC machines to touch. I broke down and purchased four of these as well as various mounts and started process.

Here is the result:
    CNC Touch Monitor-mi751c-jpg

You can read about the various mounts, monitors and settings I used here:
    KRMx02 Touch Monitor

Similar Threads:
    Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

I updated the computers at the local bowling allwy over a year ago, and was given the old hardware, which included some touch screen panels. Been using it on my machine the past year, along with the free version of MachStdMill screenset. It's definitely more fun to use. I have another panel to use with my USBCNC CPU5A drive box, which has an interface designed for touchscreen use from the get-go.

Default Re: CNC Touch Monitor

The page referenced in this article have been moved to here:
    Touch Monitors — Kronos Robotics

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

I don't understand what you mean. This is a page I created showing the various touch monitors and mounts I used to add touch to Mach3. I get a lot of questions about this.

Downloads
    Uploads

We use a lot of touch screens at work and really I don't like them, so I'm glad these are working out for you! I usually end up grabbing a keyboard for serious text entry. Even a keyboard doesn't beat a physical set of pushbuttons for some functions.

Given that, the thing that seems to help out more than anything is a large screen display. The more pixels the better. Pixels permit big fat text and large buttons and controls on screen which is what us fat fingered people need more than anything when it comes to touch screens. Your GUI really needs to be designed for touch input which may be why I dislike the machines at work so much.

it's not my GUI, its the default Mach 3 screen set. The buttons are nice and big and work very well for me. I went years on keyboard based systems for CNC and will never go back. I do have Xbox 360 controllers on all my CNC machines that I use for jogging and other functions.

That said, you can download free touch monitor screens for Mach3.

Now if you want small buttons. Here is my surface pro connected to a small CNC milling machine.

This is part of a MF70 milling machine conversion I am doing for Servo Magazine.
    More details can be found here:
    MF70 CNC Conversion — Kronos Robotics

Update:
    I had some problems with the dell monitors I was using. The started to develop dead touch spots at various locations on the monitor. I found the problem to be dust that had collected on the edges of the screen. I blew them out with an air compressor and everything was back to normal.