No new machine yet!!!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No new machine yet!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Arch,

What is your decision on getting one? Has turkgeltz's problems changed your mind?

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've looked around for quite some time and keep coming back only because i've talked to quite a few people who think they are fantastic, very accurate and dependable. i am a guitarmaker and will be using it for parts and inlays mostly. I'm concerned about terks problems I hope mine doesn't turn out that way. The good thing is that i live close enough to liberty to be able to go over and pick mine up. So maybe he'll be a little quicker with mine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

From what I can gather from talking to Charles, he is just very backed up. Still no excuse for the run around!

If your that close, it may not be too bad. I too kept going back to the liberty machine. The next closesed one was almost $5200+shipping. And I don't trust plastic for as much as it will be running.

Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

He told me he had some on stock when I taoked to him last week, so we'll see what happens. Did you figure out your problem on missing steps?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not yet, but I have been playing with the speeds to no avail. Ramping seems to do nothing. It's more than likely just a matter of playing with the other settings(I hope!!). Charles was suposed to have his electronics guy give me a call, but I havn't heard from him yet.

Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you thought of trying from a regular computer port instead of the notebooks? Sometime those ports don't put out enough signal to run the machines run. At least that's what I've heard.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm hoping to exhaust all options before trying that, as it would be a major pain in the butt to lug the desktop to the shop. Mach 2 seemed to run alot better, for the very short time I played with it. If I can't get it working properly then up for sale goes the flash cut, and hello Mach2.

It's a very good thing I don't get frustrated easy!!!

Doug

BTW- When I was still waiting for my machine, I was very close to making a road trip to TN. I'd be more then happy to give you a lift, I bet we'd make great time in the vette!!!LOL

( Just trying to keep you lighter side of things!!!)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I almost went down myself to pick it up till I figured out it'd be a 10 hr. drive each way. Then he said he'd ups it in 3-4 days and I decided to wait again. I have a couple of projects I need to finish with it before christmas and now time is stretching thin, which is why my frustration level is starting to rise. I'm running a homemade right now with turbocnc, but at 10ipm cutting images in wood takes forever. NOt to mention working out the bugs to get it right. I cut with a dremel tool now. Is the trim router very loud and have you put a speed control on the router to prevent any wood burning?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I built an enclosure to keep the noise down. It can be a little loud when nothing else is running. I did put a speed control on it and it works great!!!

Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still no machine yet! No response to e-mails. Nothing but answering machines and no returned calls to that. Supposed to be shipped last tuesday. UPS says I should of had it ground on thursday by their calculations. Can't get any tracking numbers! Can't get a human voice. A heck of a way to run a business! I may have to drive down to get one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Man, I really feel bad for you!!! That just sux!!!! There is no way that it could get lost 2 times with 2 carriers. Can you say . If you payed buy CC you should be able to have the CC company do a charge back.

Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea, I'm thinking about that! I'm also thinking about my attorney! I'm soo Po'd. I have things to do with it before the holidays. There's a nice 1 on ebay for sale ending soon today but???????????? For all I know if I drive down there they'll be closed or not have one ready when I get there!
    And they wonder why people go over the edge! Alittle bit of honesty never hurt anyone!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If it wasn't for seeing pictures of them and you getting yours and hearing others talk about them, I would wonder if they really exist! It seems like a fantasy machine to me!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you really exist???? Maybe I need a shrink!!!:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you deserve a stiff drink!!! On second thought at this point it may be a requierment!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I'm just going to do that after I get some food in my stomach to soak up the stomach acid!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Send them an email and point them to this thread. They may not reply but I an sure they will notice.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might have a good idea there. If nothing breaks tomorrow I think I will. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This thread is like an ongoing soap opera!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Right now I'm carving images in wood on an homemade one at 10ipm. It's like watching paint dry, only paint dries faster!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast