Aluminum 'T-Slot' tables - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aluminum 'T-Slot' tables

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adprinter View Post
    Rob,
    Sorry for the delay in posting photos. I just got around to taking a few. This is how I built my table. Tried to upload two views, but the second replaced the first, so this one is the view from the BOTTOM of the table, looking up. Notice the steel flat stock in the center of the photo, with a ball bearing mounted on the end of it. If you have viewed the PDF, this photo should help to clarify what I did. On the TOP side of the table, I am using angle steel to act as the hold-down clamps, with 1/2" bolts inserted between the aluminum slats, and threaded into the flat stock pictured in the photo. (Notice the holes along the flat stock in the photo). The two similar-looking pieces at the left and right edges of the photo are the cross beam supports of the steel frame of the table, onto which the aluminum slats are bolted down to the frame. This is not necessarily a cheap build- steel (and aluminum) are expensive materials these days. But it does provide an absolutely RIGID table with "T Slot" versatility.
    I was just looking at this photo, and realized that the view includes a flat stock which is IN USE (showing the 1/2" bolts protruding thru the flat stock) on the Right side of the photo. The flat stock in the center of the photo, is not currently being used to secure anything in the photo.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

adprinter

Thanks for the photo. It appears the those clamping members are drilled and tapped below the slots/openings, and they are free to roll between the steel tubes (black)?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob K View Post
    adprinter

Thanks for the photo. It appears the those clamping members are drilled and tapped below the slots/openings, and they are free to roll between the steel tubes (black)?
    Exactly, the flat stock is drilled and tapped, and rolls along the inner lip of the angle stock (NOT tubes) of the sides outer frame of the table. There are six pairs of the flat stock (2 between each section of the cross-frame). Table size is 24"x48" Cross frame is on 16" centers. The square tubes used for the X axis of the gantry is visible (the black piece visible across backside of the computer monitor in the background) in the photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12