vacumn table

Thread: vacumn table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default vacumn table

Anyone here have some good easy plans or ideas or can tell me where to look to make a vacumn table up or a dust shroud for a porta cable router? Your input would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Look on the ShopBot website's users forum and do a search under vac tables.... There were quite a few long threads about vac tables and ideas about them not too long ago. I am still working on some vac table ideas of my own that I am hoping to soon add to my machine.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Make a shallow box from MDF, drill a bunch holes(or get you cnc to do it), attach a wet vac. bolt/clamp to table. If it's a large area, put some supports in there to keep it from imploding.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try this place to get some Vacuum tape and then you only need to drill one hole. You will also get much more hold down force because of the larger surface area in the vacuum.

http://www.allstaradhesives.com/

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure if you're looking for a vacuum table for hold down or dust collection...if it's for dust collection I've found quite a few sites that have tables that you can put together from kits by doing a search for "downdraft tables".

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everybody.
    I was looking at a bunch of circular peices leftover from a job and had an idea . machine 3 round groves into top of one piece{ to hold 1/8 o-rings } drill hole in center, machine groves in bottom piece to connect the three holes plus one exit hole. glue or weld or epoxy together. connect small hose to these pucks then just screw to table wherever you need them.

I'll try to post some pics when done

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

These are commercially available out of aluminum and they work great. I can't remember the manufacturer but I had some of them for years I used as hold downs for carving large panels on an easel type bench. They dont have to be round, just any shape that serves your purpose will work fine. You do want to seal the surfaces and edges of the material if you choose mdf to prevent any vacuum bleed. We buy the o-ring material in bulk and "roll our own"

Good luck,

Phill Pittman
    www.masterwerkes.com
    digicarve@verizon.net

Phill Pittman
    www.masterwerkes.com
    phill@masterwerkes.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try www.eagle-america.com

they have vac systems reasonably priced and kits for building one also. Under mach vac system.