Got a chance to work with cellular PVC

Thread: Got a chance to work with cellular PVC

Default Got a chance to work with cellular PVC

I got a chance to work with cellular PVC. You can now purchase sheets of this from Home Depot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7OGN5ELtlQ]KRMx02 Milling Cellular PVC - YouTube

You use normal woodworking tools on this stuff. In the video I am using a couple different feeds and speeds.

On the pockets I am milling at 100IPM 11500RPM. On the profile cuts I am doing 70IPM and 10000RPM.

Im using a standard two flute upspiral 1/8" router bit.

Cellular PVC is not cheap. I paid almost $100 for a 4' x 8' x 3/8" sheet.

Similar Threads:
    Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've always wanted to build a quadracopter to explore the gulches, and cliffs around here. Nice work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice, thanks for the info.

That's the material with the trade name 'Sintra'?

No its not Sintra. It's Azek. Slightly different characteristics from Sintra. Sintra has harder skin than Azek. The interior makeup is a little different as well.

They are both Cellular PVC. I have also heard it called compressed PVC.

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.