Cheapest CNCable Material??

Thread: Cheapest CNCable Material??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cheapest CNCable Material??

I have a part that's about 70" x 30" x 30". It's just a display piece and won't be used for anything. I was hoping to find some cheap foam to CNC it from, but can't find a place to order it from. Would foam or some type of light wood like balsa be cheaper? Or are there materials even cheaper than these that are CNCable?

Thanks for any help,
    Chris

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How about plastic? We machine display signs out of plastic from time to time. We get it from LAIRD PLASTICS. They have centers all over the United States including a branch in Dallas. Phone number is 972-910-9404. Ask about factory seconds or damaged peices. I buy it this way and it's pretty inexpensive. I'd say a 70 x 30 x 30 about 1 inch thick would be less than $25 for a salvage piece. And the stuff is great to work with.

They also sell foam board and precision board. They gave me some 12 inch square samples and I cut some signs with it. It cuts really nice, too but I'm not sure of the price on it.