Question about Rural Routers????

Thread: Question about Rural Routers????

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Question about Rural Routers????

I ran across a website called MIKE BECK .ORG
    RURAL ROUTERS INC. while searching for controllers for my new build. I emailed him a couple of days ago with a question regarding his products but haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know if he still builds controllers? If so, how can I get up with him. If not, where is another good source for controllers?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Let me save you a few bucks (if you're willing to do some soldering), seems to be exactly the same:

HobbyCNC PRO Driver Board Packages | HobbyCNC

Anyway, if you want a safe bet, go with a Geckodrive G540. It has by far the best performance/price relation, and its performance will blindfoldedly beat any drivers in the same price range, I use it with big and small machines. It is also much faster and "cleaner" (wiring-wise) to setup than most drivers. Buy smart, buy once .

G540 4-Axis kit Automation Technology Inc

What size is your build and what are you using for power transmission (leadscrew or ballscrew of a certain lead, belt, rack & pinion)?, for small machines you might be OK with smaller motors, but the 381 oz/in ones might be more future-proof.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Walky View Post
    Let me save you a few bucks (if you're willing to do some soldering), seems to be exactly the same:

HobbyCNC PRO Driver Board Packages | HobbyCNC

Anyway, if you want a safe bet, go with a Geckodrive G540. It has by far the best performance/price relation, and its performance will blindfoldedly beat any drivers in the same price range, I use it with big and small machines. It is also much faster and "cleaner" (wiring-wise) to setup than most drivers. Buy smart, buy once .

G540 4-Axis kit Automation Technology Inc

What size is your build and what are you using for power transmission (leadscrew or ballscrew of a certain lead, belt, rack & pinion)?, for small machines you might be OK with smaller motors, but the 381 oz/in ones might be more future-proof.

I'm building a Rockcliff Model D. It is my first build and the cutting surface is about 26 x 30. I'm building on a budget man so I went with 3/8 -16 all thread rod to start with. I figured I could upgrade later to maybe a 1/2 -10 lead screw.

I will check out the two web sites you recommended. Any advice is greatly appreciated too.

I finished the frame to day and I am ready for the electronics. Getting nervous now that I am about to spend some real money.