First 'REAL' parts = PICS

Thread: First 'REAL' parts = PICS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default First 'REAL' parts = PICS

Here is a couple part pics - my first real parts....
    The 'gear' was drawn in autocad-Gcode in Visual Mill... Cut with 1/8 flat mill centercutting bit at 80" per minute- came out perfect..... really nice - I was happy

next pic is a lil fuzzy but....

Look at the scale hull - see the gouge ?? Can anyone shed light on this ?? I looked at the code for hours but cant figure it out ( I dont know NEAR enough about G-Code to figure it out)
    ....... =)

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First 'REAL' parts = PICS-gear-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heres my gouged part

Look at my gouge... what a bummer because the part was soooo nice, until the dreaded gouge !

Anyone help me on this ??? I developed the Code with Visual Mill - roughing went perfect.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First 'REAL' parts = PICS-gouge-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nine,

You might want to send the file to MecSoft. They have very good tech support.

One option before cutting your actual part is to do a test cut in Styrofoam insulation board first.

Steve

www.tac-pro.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Or use kcam or similar to display the tool path. It looks kindof like a rapid move that was too low?

Look for a g00 move with a z at where ever the gough is

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have made a ton of parts with the free version of visual mill/turboCNC and every once in a while it would smash through the part exacty as in your picture. I think I may have solved the problem by starting with the "general" post process and then making sure to set following zeros and visa-versa. So ".234" should be "0.234" and "11." should be "11.0". I then added spaces everywhere so it was easier to diagnose any problems. It would be far easier to use a simulator to find problems with the CAM software and the post, but if TurboCNC is interpreting things differently the simulation won't manifest this. My 2c

David Bloomfield

P.S. Balsaman, do you still visit Kleinbauer's forum....err "inner circle". I was so ready to buy a set of his plans, and then he alienated me with the inner circle.....Some things never change. So now I only visit this forum and of course rcgroups. Oh, and about two dozen yahoo groups .

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I still visit there. You should not feel alienated. It's a customer support forum for his customers, and it's working quite well. All his customers are welcome. There were financial reasons why he felt he needed to make it private (big bandwidth), and the workload was quite high as well.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Downloads
    Uploads

Eric said
    Yes, I still visit there. You should not feel alienated. It's a customer support forum for his customers, and it's working quite well. All his customers are welcome. There were financial reasons why he felt he needed to make it private (big bandwidth), and the workload was quite high as well.

Eric

The reason for this was that I made a what he considered a disrespectfull post about the quality of his plans.

I paid my money but get no support.

And over the last few years I have seen John banned or bail from every list he can't control.

As to how well his list is going, I as a paying customr have no idea as I am not allowed to even read it. If he just barred me from posting I could maybe understand, but taking the money(a triffling amount I agree) and then refuseing the support promised is not a good thing.

I have found the Alum and will finish the router someday.

Garry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey ninewgt.

I just found this string long after you posted it so you probably have this fixed already by Mecsoft.
    Almost all the unexpected gouges that I have had from VM have been from traverse moves BETWEEN THE MACHINING OPERATIONS that did not go to the clearance height.

The different machining operations have to have the clearance set for that particular operation. There were several bugs similar to this about a year andf a half ago, ut I have not seen them in a long time. I generate the G-code and look at the similator from the x or y view to maske sure I don't haver any horizontasl moves within the material. They had a similar bug in the clearance command I found when I first downoaded the VM5 demo and tech support said they were already correcting it. This was only inb one of the 3-d cuts and not universal, so it could sneak up on you easily.

The simulator in visual mill shows these errors normally, but sometimes it is hartd to take the time to step through a simulation when you are in a hurry, the file is very large and you haven't had an error in months. Don't just run the toolpath, show the stock removal and it will show you a picture just like your photo.

Best of luck,
    Phill Pittman
    www.masterwerkes.com
    digicarve@verizon.net

Nice hull! and,,, If that is a clock gear, I am jealous. I haven't got my roundtuits in order yet.

Phill Pittman
    www.masterwerkes.com
    phill@masterwerkes.com