G540 and Mach3 set up - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G540 and Mach3 set up

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IBBruin View Post
    I use soft limits instead of hard wired XYZ limit switches and use pin 4 as probe input. Pins 123 are used just like you have them wired. I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am but I think your only other choice is using a second printer port.
    Thanks for the reply I will see what I can do..

Lou

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the info. Gerrys screenset seems the way to go for me. Are you able to use say pin 1 and have all your limit switches wired in series and home switches to use pin 2 and also wired in series? This will leave pin 3 for touch plate? Not sure if this makes sense so please correct me if it doesnt.

I also forgot to mention i have 5 proximity switches on order so i will have to wire all 5 into my router. I have found some connections to use which both come in 4 pole and 8 pole. Any idea which ones are normally used for proximity switches?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

No idea about the prox switches. There's another thread started about the same time this one was with a way to put all three home switches on the same input, then put all three or six limit switches on the same input and you'll still have two left over. When homing, Mach3 will only move one axis at a time so a series circuit would work. As you know now, with separate inputs on the X and Y home switches, Mach3 will move both axis at the same time looking for home. I have nothing but praise for the G540 but if it has any cons at all it would be the small number of inputs.

As usual, I was wrong lol. Here's the thread I was talking about above.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had a lot of saved coral drawings that are now being cut in reverse after changing over to G540 from Xylotex. I have attached picture to show what is happening. Picture shows the same two drawings but you can see in second one when cutting smaller shapes they are not in the spot from original drawing in coral draw. All drawings in coral that i design are being cut this way now? Can the x -axis be reversed in mach3 / G540? I was thinking that this was the problem. Its a shame when you spend time designing only for it to come out on wrong side when it has been cut.
    Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G540 and Mach3 set up-cutting-problem-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can reverse the axis in Mach 3. I don't have Mach in front of me right now but I think it's in the Ports and Pins screen. There should be an option (check box) to Reverse Axis.

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had a look but could not find where to reverse axis. I have installed the current version of mach3 also and now files have some added/unwanted circles? I did not draw these circle and it as if they are added to all my saved files. Is this becuase of the newer version of mach3.
    I have got about 50 to a 100 saved coral files that i used cut2d to make my Gcodes. This all worked fine until i changed over from xylotex to G540 and updated to the current mach3 version.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chiefcnc View Post
    I had a look but could not find where to reverse axis.
    You should find it under Config - Homing/Limits

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Changed direct low in motor outputs and it has fixed problem. This has reversed the axis. I now have my original files cut the same as before.
    The unwanted circle was fixed by changing a setting in config.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12