Vcarve Pro?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vcarve Pro?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vcarve Pro?

For those of you who use Vcarve Pro, have you found your investment in the software to be profitable if that was your intention for buying it?

I am being asked on a semi regular basis to create signage and it appears that I could create signs faster with more appeal using Vcarve Pro.

Thanks,
    Scott

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, definitely. It has good CAD drawing functions, and is easier to use for generating gcode files. Your simulation result is viewable before you generate the gcode. Best software I have bought so far. Aspire upgrade will be done next year I hope.

Make money with it? I haven't so far only because my "friends" want everything for free, at my expense. They think I'm just having fun anyway.

CarveOne

CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am just now starting to get to the point where I can start 'marketing' myself some with this machine... I have V Carve Pro.. I am very pleased with it's workflow and features (although there some I would like added), and am very confident in it's stability, quality, and ability to help me make money...

[URL="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wood_router_project_log/124543-mountaincrafts_router_plasma_build_thread.html"][U]4' x 8' CNC Wood Router Project[/U][/URL]
    [U][URL="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/woodworking/135576-home_made_drum_sander.html"]Home Made Drum Sander Project[/URL][/U]

Downloads
    Uploads

I like it as well, especially for ease of use. If howevevr you have another drawing program like CorelDraw or Illustrator, you probably could get by with just Cut2D, with some limitations....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ssutton View Post
    I am being asked on a semi regular basis to create signage and it appears that I could create signs faster with more appeal using Vcarve Pro.
    Download the demo and learn how to use it. Software is only as good as the operator's skill. And software alone isn't going to automatically make you more money.

Having said that, I don't think there's an easier to learn program that can do what V Carve Pro can do.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, yes and yes. :-) Well thought out, easy to use, not overly complicated (but some otherwise complicated things are plug and play because they wrote them in) and the ability to do CAM right out of the CAD side and see a preview is great.

Complicated things- for example, create an array of copies of a vector(s)- either a traditional "grid" array, OR- a circular array defined by degree spacing over a full circle or a limited arc.... all just a few clicks and "poof".

As others said- download the trial and play. You can use all the features except you can't make toolpaths from your drawings.

N

Downloads
    Uploads

I love it.

I do not use much the built-in design functions (except simple cutout and chamfer jobs), because there are better CAD and image software packages.

But it is very easy to import 2D shapes and graphical images for cutting, pocketing and V-carving. Takes only minutes to convert a design into a toolpath and you can do amazing things. While it does not make money, if I had to I would find it a great tool.

Downloads
    Uploads

My Dad bought the program about two months back to use with a small CNC router we put together for him this fall. He has picked up the basics very quick and has been having a blast making sings for most everything. It appears to work well and he has been able to figure most things out without to many questions. If I were into making signs and such I would also purchase a copy, but for now I prefer the pain of learning other CAM programs.

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ssutton View Post
    For those of you who use Vcarve Pro, have you found your investment in the software to be profitable if that was your intention for buying it?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Yes I have found it to profitable and I think it was one of the best purchases I have ever made, I started with Cut2d and with in a year or so was able to upgrade to VcarvePro with the money I have made with Cut2d. Very easy to use with a little thought. It helps to have a machining background but not truly needed. I do alot of brass engraving and the single line fonts really help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The best and most cost effective program out there. I started when the program went by the name V Carve Wizard I now use V Carve Pro with a JGRO and my output is better (because I cut more slowly) than the large sign shops that I compete against. Made my back on the machine and V Carve Pro on its first job. One of the best purchases that I have ever made.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

One of the best software investments I've ever made! Well worth the money and a joy to work with.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

+1288
    Best program out there for doing that kind of stuff. Aspire is even better but for many things it's adequate. Aspire is next stop for me, for now Cut3D and Vcarve Pro does everything I need.
    As Gerry says you need to learn all the features.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink VCP

Quote Originally Posted by dfmiller View Post
    +1288
    Best program out there for doing that kind of stuff. Aspire is even better but for many things it's adequate. Aspire is next stop for me, for now Cut3D and Vcarve Pro does everything I need.
    As Gerry says you need to learn all the features.
    Dave
    agree 100%

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have made a ton of money with it. It is excellent for G-code generation, I use it every day. I might get aspire one day, but v-carve pro is great for now. Plus they keep giving me free upgrades, which is very nice. I started with 5.5 and now am currently running 6.5. They send me a link for a patch every so often for free.

Downloads
    Uploads

Vectric provides extremely good support for their products (VCarve, Cut3d, Aspire, etc). I've left messages a few times and have been pleasantly surprised by their rapid and helpful responses. Once in a few hours on a Sunday! http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vectri...l_support.html

Downloads
    Uploads

It is Awesome,,, nuff said

Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are NOT an engineer type, with lots of CAD experience, you might want to give MeshCAM Art a try. It works from bitmap images. While the interface is somewhat confusing to a new user, with practise it is a very capable program. I have become a "Digital Sculptor" using this software to create toolpaths from artwork created in Corel Draw. Having said that, V Carve Pro, or Aspire are two programs I would definitely like to have (IF I can ever come up with the money).

-Michael

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have used it since 2006, simply would not be possiable to regret purchase. I followed the upgrade path to aspire when it came out. I don't do much 3d but might as well stay with the top of their offering far as keeping current with updates. Update cost is very reasoniable as well. And always WAY worth it from a stand point of making life easier.

b.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I started this thread a few weeks ago, since then I have learned that Sheetcam will soon have a V carving plugin. I am already a Sheetcam user and I think that it is a great program, so I am holding off on Vcarve Pro for the time being. Having said that, the plugin will only generate the G code (from what I understand) and all the design work will still have to be done in another software unlike Vcarve. I use SolidWorks and TurboCad, so this should work for me. I will make a post when I give the V carve plugin a run.

Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default V Carve Pro 6.5

We are working in V Carve Pro 6.5 and we are carving out a 7" circle is the size that we are drawing and writing the tool path too. But when it comes off to the cnc it is carving it out half size. So we are ending up a 3 1/2" circle. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast