Problem Servo velocity control mode

Thread: Servo velocity control mode

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Servo velocity control mode

Hello all, I have a problem with my servo and hope someone can help me. First of all let me introduce my system. I use Mach3 with DSPMC/IP motion controller and servo drive (sidc650) with motor (sia751). I have setup my drives in velocity control mode because I can get better resaults from it and it is more stable. Now on to the problem. When I turn on the power and want to move any of the axis for a few milimeters motor accelerates slowly with constant speed. But when I move axis longer than few milimeters motor jumps hard and then everything is working normal. All motors are working well without any problem. This problem appears on every axis (x,y,z) every time drives are powered ON/OFF. If I set drives in torque mode, motors start to spin withaut any problems even if drives are turn on/off. I just can't figure out what is causing that problem. Also I'm attaching pdf manual of drives and I made some videos about this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhr8beADhjU]1.AVI - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQ71kvrvU4]2.AVI - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TONOXsU1els]3.AVI - YouTube

Here are my curent settings for y axis

PN01 0002 (velocity control mode)
    PN08 0000
    PN10 1500
    PN11 1000 MAX acceleration
    PN15 -5
    PN16 5
    PN17 32 SPEED SCALE
    PN20 60000
    PN25 2000 FOLLOW ERROR
    PN30 P 1000
    PN31 D 000
    PN32 I 000
    PN33 00 DAMPER
    PN35 720 Forward velocity compensation

Regards,
    Peter

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Servo velocity control mode-cnc-20brushless-20dc-20servomotor-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody please?

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Peter,

I really don't know, but I would try going back to the beginning and retuning the drive starting on pg 45. I looks almost like a jump to catch up with something.

What kind of encoder are you using? Someone reported seeing something like what you are seeing with capacitive encoders.

Alan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for answer Alan. It's 5V, 2500PPR quadrature encoder. It is original encoder. I even took all motors to service company to make sure that all signals are working and if the commutative pulses (U,W,V) are set right. Strange thing also is when I turn power on and manualy jog motors from drive and then switch to velocity control it works with no problem. This problem apears only when power is turn on and try to move motors with velocity control mode.

Regards,
    Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Servo velocity control mode-img_0591-jpg   Servo velocity control mode-img_0595-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the motor is stationary and you instantly command it to be going 500 RPM (for example) then the drive will supply peak current to the motor to get it to 500 RPM as quickly as possible. I'm not familiar with your hardware but it would seem you need to adjust some settings.

Matt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Matt, I think I've tried everything I can think of. I realy dont know what else to do. I will probably start thinking to buy some better drives and motors because of this problem and bad performance in torque mode or voltage mode.

Peter