Need Help! TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.

Thread: TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.

Hello....
    This site is monstrous, I keep getting lost and distracted by other things i find here. So i figured i would just stop, and ask a question? Maybe discussing it with some of you knowledgeable folks here at CNCZONE would give me the lead me in the right direction??
    I have started to build a machine out of MDF and I have prety much done the machine part, all i need to do is attach motors and see if we can cut some stuff.
    The machine is:
    -800mm (legnth) x550mm (width) x500mm (height)
    -XYZ rails, screws, and alu angle rails - almighty skateboard bearings
    -dremel 300 will be used as router, for the begging learning curve - have it mounted already
    -can move by hand when turning screws, so seams to move smoothly

So I wanted to test my motors and driver before i actually attached them to the machine. Now I have:
    -24v 15A standalone PSU off ebay
    -3 x nema 23 1.8 3A - (23HS8430,270oz-in or 18kg.cm)
    -A TB6560 3 axis controller board, yes the one form ebay - it has the TB6560AHQ chips
    -mach3 and windows7

My troubles started when i came the the latter part of my journey I can install all software fine and all physical connection seem to be right (motor wires and power). I have power to the board (fan spins and lights are on) and motors well, lets just say that's where my trouble started.
    With my motors attached and power on i can see only with the X axis, the light comes on and the motor starts making a terrible noise. Squealing like its in pain. I can't get any signal thru from mach 3 to make motors turn, tried changing the tuning a bit but its all a bit confusing. I can run the road runner code sometimes and some times it just stops on line 2?
    So remove power and double check all settings:
    - dip switches are all equal?
    - all pins and ports are correct to the manual's?? I say "manual's" the plural because when they sent me the driver board they sent me 6 or so different manual's 2 different 3 axis board manual's, 2x 4 axis board, and all the add on boards and manual control boards manuals. So I tried all manual's.
    Is it something that i just stupidly missing???? What the f@&*k am i doing. Have i done damage to the driver board while f'ing around with settings and what not. Please some one point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Dylan

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mach3 test

You can test the Parallel port to check if your Mach3 settings are all ok, like described in this video:

And then go from there..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am assuming when you say ports and pins you mean in mach 3 as well. Dont pay attention to the lights.. expect to the fact that they all somewhat light up. I have a similar board tried 2 with similar result and I really dont use went to gecko drive now. I was runing the old board with 12v and old verison that came with the computer setup i bought and gave me lots of issues. Turns out I had to upgrad to a 24v powersupply and downloaded new (old was not consistant) demo ver of mach 3 and no longer use vista or 7 for this. Worked just fine with xp ran a bit hot and i put in a fan after that i got the gecko and do not use that board very long I still have it and i am might make a small cnc with it. I also go a used computer at a yardsale for $10 and 2.4 ghz dell and used emc2 it was very simple to install Linux and emc2 came in one download for free. thats all i use that pc for is to run the cnc. I took me a bit to figure out how setup emc2 but works like a champ. But i was no longer messing with getting it to work and just focus on calibration and alignment. That is now set. have it down to .003 of an inch and i am adding my 4th axis this week. I tested the old board as well for a couple of days with emc2 worked ok..

I am assuming you are getting enough from you pc port as well I havent had to mess with that end yet.. I do know if your pc did not come with it and you added one it might not have enough output to you board or just be screwy.

You might want to try to use anthor pc with port(with xp). or if now make your pc a dual boot. try linux and emc2 it free and i think you can down load a bootable image cd to try.
    I was pulling my hair out before with vista and 7 spend weeks trying to get it to work. finaly did the dual boot thing until i got the dell at yard sale.
    good luck hope you get it going.. I hope this helps. I am still rookie compared to many machinest.

Ive made some cool 3d stuff now with my cnc even made molds for casting some motorcyle skulls and parts in 3d.. I have also used blender for 2g-code as well other freebies like mechsoft freemill for 3d with a blender exported as stl.
    good luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Same problems

I had the same problems you are having with your board with my TB6560 3 axis controller board. It ended up being some wiring issues (parallel vs Serial) and which wires were labeled what. Ii was going with a bipolar parallel setup and messed up one of the winding's to the stepper motors and the same noise you are speaking of came out. I recommend you check you stepper motor wires. After I got mine working I had major problems with keeping good accuracy in the x, y, and mainly Z direction. From there I switched to Keling controllers and I had the same trouble. Finally I decided I would just spend the money and I bought Evodrives (EvoDrive ST-23 Integrated Stepper Servo) and everything has been working perfectly every since. I can actually keep about 0.5mil accuracy with my machine (which is set by my gears).

I hope this helps, but I really do recommend that you look into the evodrives they are great and you don't need additional controllers outside of your parallel port.

Quote Originally Posted by ihacbook View Post
    Hello....
    This site is monstrous, I keep getting lost and distracted by other things i find here. So i figured i would just stop, and ask a question? Maybe discussing it with some of you knowledgeable folks here at CNCZONE would give me the lead me in the right direction??
    I have started to build a machine out of MDF and I have prety much done the machine part, all i need to do is attach motors and see if we can cut some stuff.
    The machine is:
    -800mm (legnth) x550mm (width) x500mm (height)
    -XYZ rails, screws, and alu angle rails - almighty skateboard bearings
    -dremel 300 will be used as router, for the begging learning curve - have it mounted already
    -can move by hand when turning screws, so seams to move smoothly

So I wanted to test my motors and driver before i actually attached them to the machine. Now I have:
    -24v 15A standalone PSU off ebay
    -3 x nema 23 1.8 3A - (23HS8430,270oz-in or 18kg.cm)
    -A TB6560 3 axis controller board, yes the one form ebay - it has the TB6560AHQ chips
    -mach3 and windows7

My troubles started when i came the the latter part of my journey I can install all software fine and all physical connection seem to be right (motor wires and power). I have power to the board (fan spins and lights are on) and motors well, lets just say that's where my trouble started.
    With my motors attached and power on i can see only with the X axis, the light comes on and the motor starts making a terrible noise. Squealing like its in pain. I can't get any signal thru from mach 3 to make motors turn, tried changing the tuning a bit but its all a bit confusing. I can run the road runner code sometimes and some times it just stops on line 2?
    So remove power and double check all settings:
    - dip switches are all equal?
    - all pins and ports are correct to the manual's?? I say "manual's" the plural because when they sent me the driver board they sent me 6 or so different manual's 2 different 3 axis board manual's, 2x 4 axis board, and all the add on boards and manual control boards manuals. So I tried all manual's.
    Is it something that i just stupidly missing???? What the f@&*k am i doing. Have i done damage to the driver board while f'ing around with settings and what not. Please some one point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Dylan

Downloads
    Uploads

Just be sure to never, ever disconnect a motor wire when the drivers are on, doing so can kill the drivers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

make sure you have the axis enable set on your ports and pins. I wasnt able to get my 4 axis board moving in mach3 so I went back to EMC2 and set everything and the board seems to be working well. When I get everything going Im going to put a short guide together.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello and thanks a butt load.
    Damn you guys are quick!! I been working all day, so i just getting home now. I will let you guys know how i go.

prcdslnc13 - awesome let us know when you put that guide up ill def have a look.

fubini011 - cheers i wish i had the cash for some evodirves, they look awesome. i had not seen those yet. i might have to start some sort of savings plan for those

tristen0821 - cheers man, thanks for the info i have a copy of linux emc and xp. will def start with one of those instead of win 7, its comforting to know that im not the only one who's pulling ther hair out over these lil boards. i will also look in to free mill. I thnk i have the same dell pc you talking bout. if you got any pics of your creations online id wouldnt mind having a look?

Walky - hah yea i have seen some spectacular motor explosions when doing silly stuff like that.. :P

knaun - thanks thats a nice lil trick to have up the sleeve. i have to have ago just to make sure i like to see thing like that happen on my multi meter, its reassuring and brings a warm feeling inside... haha

Think i'll try xp and emc2 and see what results i get. I am just about to check all wires for my motors.
    Cheers guys. f'ing awesome all of ya.
    Dylan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@ihacbook:

Some on-board LPT port provides 5v but some are 3.3v. Make sure that you have the 5v one or use an add-on LPT card.

All TB6560 boards at ebay has severe design fault and the optos are real crap.

Trying EMC2 will not make any difference unless you fix the board yourself. The easiest fix I can suggest you to bypass the opto for step signals. Upload a clear picture of your board from both the sides (traces needs to be visible) if you are unable to apply the fix, I'll try to help you.

http://liana-tech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey peps
    All good news on the home front here. I checked all wires connections and just for the sake of it i wanted to try that lil trick knau showed us before. and low and behold nada, nothing zlich. no reading what so ever coming from my LPT. WHY?? Dylan you silly fck. BIOS reveled that the LTP was disabled. But does that mean i would still get the noise in my motors? had to check so with signals going to the driver board for real this time. Mach 3 returned no result exactly as before solid x axis light and noise and not motor response. SO. Format reload linux em2 and check with the multi-meter and we have readings from the LPT. YAY!. Stuffed around with the pin-outs and manuals a bit and i have movement from my X axis motor, whowooo, Y and Z needed to have enable pins inverted for me to get a response, i don't understand why they differ from the other axis? is it just because thats the way it is? not sure but i have success!!
    with the velocity and acceleration of each axis ill have to fiddle around with these until i get something right. any one with suggestions on how to go about get the right veloc. and accel. set up?

leaveme - I know these TB6560 are rather crppy i always thought they would be. i had just ordered mine off ebay and i saw this guys troubles: click i thought damn im buggered what if i have to perform some surgery on this board. no way.

ill play around with it some more and see how i go

Cheers
    fellas thanks for all the help.
    Dylan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont know if you got it fixed but there is a thread on setup for emc if you go that route just search for it here in the forums. Mine works fine after I figured everything out so i posted it. Sorry i dont have a link it was 10 months ago.
    Hazard

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok peps
    This site has been a gold mine when cnc is in question. has any one had any trouble with emc2 and stepconfig???
    I have been playing with the settings in step config and i am happy with how the motors are spinning. Each motor is turning really smooth and nice. But when I finish and apply all the settings. I go to open emc2 and all opens no errors, when i try to jog a motor i can only jog Y motor and it is not smooth? Rather jumpy and steppy like?? I can't get any code to run??
    I don't understand in step-config all motors are running good when i open emc2 it forgets all the settings i applied during step config?? Could this be??
    I'll keep lookin around here and see what i can find? I do remeber some one saying they had to manually edit there hal file after stepconfig because and enanble pin was conflicting with other enable pins?? But i can find it any more.
    Ill keep hunting around here, but i thought i would just ask here too incase??
    Cheers
    Dylan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you running it on the dedicated ubuntu or another one? Also check to make sure that you settings are are the same someone had a similar problem and he checked his settings and they were off.
    Hazard

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

helo peps
    hazardouschurch
    i I'am sure my settings are off in my hal or ini file. im just not sure how? when i run the stepconfig of emc2 i can get motors turning realy nice but if i save those settings from a completed steponfig. i can open emc2 and i can only turn one motor? the Y axis? and its really chpppy. its allmost as if the settings have been forgotten from stepconfig and some sort of defult has been applied. i think it s the Hal file. because thats where my pins and port are set. but i just stumbling thru the hal code trying to figure out what right and whats not.
    Cheers bros hope you all had a good w/e. Hhah a big up the w/e booo work on monday.
    dylan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks for help so heres my lil update

have a look at what i have here. been playing with my home made wood machine. i have now embarked on a steel build. so this is a little memior to the old woody one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.-gedc0001-jpg   TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.-gedc0008-jpg   TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.-gedc0009-jpg   TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.-gedc0006-jpg  

TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.-gedc0004-jpg   TB6560 3 Axis 3A and Nema 23's I'm NEW to CNC.-gedc0002-jpg