Daunting task

Thread: Daunting task

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Daunting task

Guys,

You have to say your in the lucky country.
    In the last two weeks i've been reading through this site and many other trying to come to terms with whats needed to complete a router table.

This week i started looking at purchasing some items, on ebay, with no luck.

I also tried purchasing items through outlets here in Australia, but the cost of stuff is just nuts. For a linear nut I was priced $120.00 and for 1 mtr of linear rod $200.00????

Stepper motors, theres another good one, $160.00 for nema23 bipolar 100Oz motors, each????

I wish i lived in the U.S. Atleast I could bid on half the post there (most don't ship int) and there would be a bloke locally who has built one of these things.I could go around and see one of these in person. I seem to understand things better when i sit and look at stuff :-)

I am impressed at you guys who can get right into all this and build it from scratch, great skills.

Well i'm off to try and source some parts again to try and start this project.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

You got that right mate!

I'm also in Melbourne and the cost of components here in Oz is criminal.

The Yanks have it made. Everything so cheap.

Give me a bell I may be able to help you out on a few things as I have a few contacts in the US of A and also work in the CNC industry.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amazing,

someone in Melbourne, Australia, who actually works in the industry, amanzing.

Bloody howard, why can't we go back to when the Aussie dollar was 1.5 of the US green back. Then I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to ship stuff half way across the globe.

But, atleast we have the really good looking women over here :-)

You can't ship that, unless your into chat room stuff:-)

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

forgot,

I dropped you an email Boros

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Mikie, I just about have enough miles on my visa to get a free ticket to Australia. I'll defiantly check out the ladies when I can get over there

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ken shea has made a very generous offer over here which you should check out. At least then you will have access to the goodies from America, even if it will cost a bit extra to ship them to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another source

For common and sometimes uncommon elecetronic components. There is http://www.smallbearelec.com/ ran by Steve Daniels. Steve is great has good stuff at fair prices. He's got quite a few international buyers that use him to source small quantities of electronic parts. (Don't bug him for motors or anyhting. I don't want him to get pissed at me for passing this out.)

Nathan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent,

I'll have to..

1. warn all the babes over here that Jeff is on the way.

2. Talk with Ken, thats a great offer. Makes life a wee bit easier.

Michael