What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?

Downloads
    Uploads

100%. I also have a full time employee.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

On the CNC side of life I'm just a low level hobbyist...

I tried several things ...

a fan

some molds for my RC planes

SOme RC Planes from block EPP

a handle for a knife

a knife itself

rc plane retracts
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0qzlUYvvU4"]YouTube - My first DIY retract for my RC Groups Hawker Typhoon Project[/nomedia]

and actually thinking about to make molds for that Me410

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBVmhUwKifM"]YouTube - ME 410 CAD Model[/nomedia]

Also use the gantry router in modified way as a hot wire cutter

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07yOWsflEE"]YouTube - DIY Hot Wire Cut[/nomedia]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-preliminary-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-fan-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-outside-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-fusemoldmilled2-jpg  

What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-1smrtrc-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-stuka5-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-mistel-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-ryan-jpg  

What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-stuka-big-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-knife-jpg  
    Why reach for speed, when you could have precision instead!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished my first CNC a few weeks ago. Here are a few of the things I've done so far.

1) 1st Carve (it's Wile E. Coyote for you young pups out there)

2) 1st Relief (also on particle board because I didn't know if it would work)

3) Cut some gears (this was a test assembly to see if I can cut a clock). Carved it in particle board first with a 1/8" bit, then cut it out of birch ply with a 1/16" bit.

4) Fun with acrylic. Made a Celtic butterfly for the wife with an LED and switch installed in a shadowbox.

Sorry the pics are crappy. I'm no photographer.

The original idea was to use this to make better patterns for my backyard aluminum casting, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-1st-rout-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-relief-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-gears1-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-celticbutterfly-sb-small-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

There are some cracking pieces of work being created as I can see in this thread.

I'm still finding my way with my machine, have made a few bits and pieces for marine reef tank filters, ham radio diy panels and a few lithos - heres my latest. The first one is as machined, the second shows the effect of adding a backlight

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-reaper2-pre-jpg   What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-reaper2-post-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by compfranon View Post
    There are some cracking pieces of work being created as I can see in this thread.

I'm still finding my way with my machine, have made a few bits and pieces for marine reef tank filters, ham radio diy panels and a few lithos - heres my latest. The first one is as machined, the second shows the effect of adding a backlight

That.....is.....sweet.

What cam program are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sirkossorg View Post
    That.....is.....sweet.

What cam program are you using?
    I'm fortunate to be able to use my mates works artcam, it's a real cracking piece of software, but excellent.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been making all sorta things. Mostly guitar bodies.

It's also been handy for gifts.

And yes, also parts for the machines...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beautiful Telecaster work! With shiny chrome plates that dark body will be stunning.

Default Re: What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?

I make this with my CNC machine...

What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-20180410_134029-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you make or plan to make with your cnc router?-20180410_134029-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12