Chinese Spindle, "Germany" bearing mystery solved!

Thread: Chinese Spindle, "Germany" bearing mystery solved!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese Spindle, "Germany" bearing mystery solved!

Howdy everyone,

This is my first post. I'm planning building a router as my winter project, and the discussions on this board have been very helpful. So thanks to you all.

I've decided to go with a Chinese spindle. The vendors all advertise "Germany" bearings. Eloid had posted some photos he got from one of the suppliers of the spindles. There was a picture of the box:

Try looking up the ESKY bearing company. Guess what? There's no such company in Germany. Now search for "Germany Esky Ltd". It turns out to be a trademark of the Xi Yi Ke Division Electrical Grid Technology Co., Ltd.

"Germany" is the trademark name they're using, not the country of origin of the bearings.

Now search for "7005C NSK" (the bearing advertised as the Japanese import). First hit from Google is the NINGBO ZHONGTAI BEARING CO.,LTD, which advertises "We are manufacturer and supplier of 7005C NSK BEARING."

Go figure.

Tim

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Same thing happens with turbos made for VW and Audi. Cheap turbos out of China with "Germany" right there on the casting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a full reverse engineered SolidWorks parts file assembly of all the parts in the 2.2kw spindle. I need to document a few more parts and then I will be releasing the files in a week or two to anyone who needs or wants them (watch for the thread). The only thing I haven’t documented is the number of windings per stator pole.

Last edited by turboedgs; 10-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good detective work Tim! I'm looking out for that model turboedgs, very useful for my build and others I'm certain :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are the so called "German" bearings better?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oneturboneeded View Post
    Are the so called "German" bearings better?
    Well, the box does say "Super Precision". How could you go wrong?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

o.. ok good i was worried they would use a low quality item. i should know only top quality from china

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nye View Post
    Well, the box does say "Super Precision". How could you go wrong?
    The ones marked "Super Duper Precision" are even better still.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can remember back to the late 50's and early 60's when the Japanese were trying to break into the international engineering market. They had built an industrial/manufacturing city called USA, so you had to look for the dots between the letters to be sure that you were getting the American product not the Japanese. I think they tried to do it with some other country names as well. History repeats itself.

After dealing with faulty Chinese VFDs and all the lies from the distributor that I am now very weary of buying anything engineering from the Chinese.

Last year there was a huge manufacturing machinery Expo in Melbourne where there was a large number of Chinese firms present. I was there for few days and I was observing that the industrial public stayed away from them all, for the 4 days, no questions, etc....
    They all looked bored out of their minds!!!!!
    It is probability the only way to get the message across to the Chinese manufacturers that the world can see through the lies and deception, we well just not buy your goods until the attitude/quality changes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just had a look at the photos from Eloid. I think you have to have the words "Made in" in front of the country name to be genuine. It is a play on words!!! But I think that there is an international agreement on how to display where the goods are manufactured.
    In Australia, a certain % of the product has to be manufactured in Australia before it can have the label of "Made in Australia". Otherwise "Manufactured in Australia from foreign components" is displayed on the goods.
    The same logic is applied to food made or manufactured here.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a guy on Ebay selling KBS bearings as coming from Kedron Bearings Services LLC, Kentucky, USA

eBay Österreich: 10 Kegelrollenlager 30203, Fabr.KBS (Artikel 330409415703 endet 26.10.10 17:38:13 MESZ)

Googling Kedron Bearings Services turns up nothing, but KBS turns up NINGBO KBS BEARING INDUSTRY CO.LTD based in Zhejiang ,China.

Regards,
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by turboedgs View Post
    I have a full reverse engineered SolidWorks parts file assembly of all the parts in the 2.2kw spindle. I need to document a few more parts and then I will be releasing the files in a week or two to anyone who needs or wants them (watch for the thread). The only thing I haven’t documented is the number of windings per stator pole.
    I would be interested in the files. Have u uploaded them?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not yet, I will start a new thread when I get it all done.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese Spindle, "Germany" bearing mystery solved!

Hi folks - so finally had to replace bearing on a couple of Huajing spindles - all these Asian spindles are advertised as " Adopt GERMAN BEARING " I got to know what these bearing were - these were SKF 6005 made in italy. whats in it so - these are normal ball bearings and not supposed to be here first case. never the less they had put in a cool 2 year period before breakdown - thats some thing to be told about. Replaced them with NSK 7005 in front and the spindle is running fine again.

just wanted to inform.