Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller - Page 118

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2401

Thread: Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller

Has anyone modified a Makita RT0701C for a Super PID sensor? I just brought one home, assuming it would be relatively easy, and then noticed that in order to get the top off I have to break the stick on s/n label. So then I figured I might as well ask, first, before I make it unreturnable. :-)

I like this Makita because it fits my mill's size and weight constraints as a replacement for the older Ryobi laminate trimmer I used before. I just let all the smoke out of that one, and it doesn't seem to have user-refillable smoke in order to get it going again.

paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, instant gratification got the better of me, and I've answered my own question. :-/

It seems that this router (the Makita RT0701C) isn't that easy to modify. The top of the shaft isn't exposed, as is usually the case. Instead, it seems the tip of the shaft and the bearings are under another layer of plastic. Or perhaps that's not the bearings, but the "sender" part of what looks like a magnetic rotation sensor of some sort. Either way, I'm reluctant to disassemble further. Since I can't return the router to the local big-box anymore, I guess I'll mount it up and use it with its built-in variable speed (10K to 30K) for now, and perhaps get a Super-PID and mount the sensor down low near the collet. It looks like there's plenty of room there.

paul

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller-makita_innards-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry if this is a thread Hijack, But with over 100 pages, there's a lot in this thread to dig through. My old computer died and I had to upgrade (windows 8) no parallel port and I'm having an issue with the SuperPID G540 and Mach3 with an Ethernet smoothstepper. All axis work, My issue is that I can turn the router on and off but I have no speed control. It may be strange but I'd like someone to walk me through the path the tach signal takes through the system I see the speed on the SuperPID and when I'm not trying to change it the RPM shows correctly in Mach 3. It seems like the feedback in mach3 is not connecting between in and out. Because when I tell Mach3 to increase RPM I see the numbers go up on the screen but soon as I let go it drops back down to 5000 rpm. And I think I'm too close to the issue to see the answer for all the trees.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Grift View Post
    Sorry if this is a thread Hijack, But with over 100 pages, there's a lot in this thread to dig through. My old computer died and I had to upgrade (windows 8) no parallel port and I'm having an issue with the SuperPID G540 and Mach3 with an Ethernet smoothstepper. All axis work, My issue is that I can turn the router on and off but I have no speed control. It may be strange but I'd like someone to walk me through the path the tach signal takes through the system I see the speed on the SuperPID and when I'm not trying to change it the RPM shows correctly in Mach 3. It seems like the feedback in mach3 is not connecting between in and out. Because when I tell Mach3 to increase RPM I see the numbers go up on the screen but soon as I let go it drops back down to 5000 rpm. And I think I'm too close to the issue to see the answer for all the trees.
    Why not start a new thread instead of posting in a old thread unrelated to your current issue?

Downloads
    Uploads

The tach signal has nothing to do with the speed control in Mach3. All it can do is provide visual of the actual rpm from the super pid.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I put it here because it still involves all the equipment in the thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I'm in the same situation as Grift. Not sure if he ever solved it. I searched the thread and read what I could.

I have a ESS smooth stepper with Mach3 and the SPID. I only see one setting to control the pins for the output. Spindle. I assume it's the on and off function, but I don't see anywhere to do speed control or PWM.

I've been going through Warp9's documentation as well. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I would love to hear them!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still in the same boat.

Downloads
    Uploads

bumtown. Well I HAVE to solve it...soooo I'll let you know when I do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Grift View Post
    Still in the same boat.
    http://www.vhipe.com/product-private...structions.pdf

page 25

check voltage at "POT" or "Pin 8 VFD Output", does it increase? Does the voltage drop back to a 5000 rpm setting ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. I ordered a SuperPID a week and some change ago along with the 10 day delivery+tracking uplift. I haven't heard from the vendor and several emails asking about installation specifics have been unanswered. I asked around on Reddit and found at least one other person with the same problem.

Does anyone know if the SuperPID folks are still in business? Obviously, the world has some issues these days and I'm happy to wait but thus far all I've gotten is dead air.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another 10 days, still no response. Emails unanswered and the paypal email address provided bounces as non-deliverable.

The store is still up and running an accepting payment, but there is no sign that anyone is there doing anything (except maybe collecting those payments). Paypal gives me 180 days to file a dispute so I'm going to let this ride for a while but.... this isn't a good look. Anyone interested in this product might want to look elsewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Luck

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Downloads
    Uploads

It appears that, Roman Black, the chap that put the SuperPID together has not been seen in any of the many forum's he used to frequent, or his web site since the 2014's .
    I did contact the Co who seems to have been marketing it about a year ago and they said they would 'forward' a question I had to him.
    But I suspect there is another story!
    The site that is marketing it is still up?
    He has some interesting designs on his (Roman Black) site.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a tech question about 6 months this ago that took a week to get back with me on but they did respond.

If you don't want to go for a spindle the super PID is worth waiting on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update with some good news: 3 weeks after placing my order, I finally received an email saying that they are in fact still alive and "Hoping that your order will ship to you in the next few days." So, with some hopes and dreams, I might actually get one of these things shipped some day. Hate to think how long this would have taken if I didn't pay extra for the fast shipping option

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats that's great let us know when you recive your shipment.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Remember that a large part of the world has been shut down for two months....

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Remember that a large part of the world has been shut down for two months....
    Understood, but the traditional approach has been up update your website saying as much, or maybe close down your store and stop accepting orders. If you're not going to bother to do those things, wouldn't hurt to occasionally check your emails for new orders and set some expectations with the customer.

I'm not in a huge hurry here so it's no big deal, but I also sell small electronic devices online and... let's say I wouldn't do it like this. If I'm going to be accepting money from people, I take it upon myself to have the product ready to ship and to do so within a reasonable time. If I can't do those things, I turn off my store and stop accepting orders. I'm a one-man shop and I occasionally take vacation (or run out of parts), so this is a normal occurrence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by luma View Post
    Understood, but the traditional approach has been up update your website saying as much, or maybe close down your store and stop accepting orders. If you're not going to bother to do those things, wouldn't hurt to occasionally check your emails for new orders and set some expectations with the customer.

I'm not in a huge hurry here so it's no big deal, but I also sell small electronic devices online and... let's say I wouldn't do it like this. If I'm going to be accepting money from people, I take it upon myself to have the product ready to ship and to do so within a reasonable time. If I can't do those things, I turn off my store and stop accepting orders. I'm a one-man shop and I occasionally take vacation (or run out of parts), so this is a normal occurrence.
    I agree customer service is paramount.

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121 LastLast