My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !

Thread: My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !

++++MORE PICTURES LOWER IN THREAD +++++

Ok - 3rd Edit... I have the X rails mounted and the gantry - see below. The gantry pic shows that I removed the side pieces of tooling plate to make bolting the rail down easier... Ill put them back on later today after work and put the Y rails on today also.....

Look for more pictures Tuesday or Wednesday..... I am waiting on my machinist to get a couple parts to me and Ill have everything i need to get it finished and running. I already tested the electrical and drivers / steppers - went well.......
    See todays pic below

I'll keep posting

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !-cncframe-jpg  
    Last edited by ninewgt; 07-29-2003 at 12:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Keep posting it looks like an interesting machine. I would like to see more as it progresses.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Downloads
    Uploads

What plans do you have? are they available online or did you design this table?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I actually purchased a couple sets of plans - to learn from and as a guide... Then I designed my own machine..... I simply couldnt find a machine plan the size and style I wanted so I did my own ( after a LOT of research)

Tom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Below are the Machined Aluminium Plate that support the X rails -- This is just before final fastening which I am doing later today. Tomorrow Ill be mounting the linear rails ( X rails) - Round 3/4" on Alumium bases to the plate. You can see all the drilled and tapped holes that will hold the rail assemblies down.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !-xaluminium-jpg  
    Last edited by ninewgt; 07-13-2003 at 12:41 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One last pic (for now)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !-xrails6-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice looking! Did you have any trouble getting the top of the welded frame flat for the aluminum to sit on? Oh I remember the fun of getting the ways running parallel and level

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff

Thanks for the nice comment - been working really hard on this.......
    What I did was located the highest point on the frame (as you know the steel is NOT straight) Then spot welded small steel tabs in the 4 corners the same height..... Then cross checked it, and added more tabs.... checked it again.... bingo.... I used a 72" precision straight edge and a master machinists level... I figure I got it right to within .004 Not bad.... Ill make any adjustments I need to while bolting down the linear rails.... got plenty of shim stock..... But I think it will be fine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PICTURE 7/29/03

Here is todays photo

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !-cnc5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow ... thats quite a machine !

What kind of motors and drivers are you going to be using ?

Wee aim to please ... You aim to ... PLEASE.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CAM -

Thanks for the nice comment - I have worked long and hard on designing and building it. I must have done something right - if you push the gantry with one finger - it will travel the length of the table - and it weighs (without motors, Y rails, and y to Z plates) about 120 pounds.

I am using Sanyo-Denki Stepper motors, 8 lead, wired in series on a 48 volt power supply, with Gecko 201 drives.
    Control is with Ability Systems LPT Indexer , and their G-Code controller... Like I said - I already did a preliminary wire up - all went well..... Ill post a pic of the electrical cabinet tomorrow along with a few more pics......

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default More Pics

I got the Y rails on.... adding the Y to Z plates this weekend..... I am waiting on new screw nuts - I was sent the wrong ones....

But will have everything else complete by Monday and running on Tuesday !!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !-tcnc3-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

More pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Router - NEW PICTURE UPDATE !-tcnc1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

SEE MY NEW POST " UP AND RUNNING FOR MORE PICS !!!!!