Xbox controller install on Mach3 - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Xbox controller install on Mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help

Trying to set up a wireless xbox controller with a usb adapter receiver, not having any luck. I have tried this on two identical dell computers running xp. I keep getting a message about a corrupt dll file. I can't reinstall the file. I down loaded the file right from the artsoft site (xbox360_32.eng.exe). I have not even been able to find the installed dll file to uninstall. At the moment I am totally stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wanted to weigh in here as I recently had trouble setting up an aftermarket XBOX 360 controller using the Mach3 XBOX 360 plugin. After constantly getting the errors that "No XBOX Controller Found", I figured out the issues with my specific setup. I wanted to put this out there to help prevent those doing this from dragging their heels for hours...

Here's a quick summary. I've also attached it in a PDF here.
    - Follow the instructions on the Mach3 Plugin page
    - I was using the Afterglow Ax-1 XBOX 360 Controller (wired version) and it was not working.
    - Two things I had to do that were not readily evident. I had to go find the Vendor and Product ID's and enter them in the Controller config screen. When it still wasn't working, I found a posting that suggested that the Mach3 directory should NOT be Read Only. Mine was, and I removed Read Only on all files under c:/Mach3. It worked after this. Very happy after spending 2 hours on this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xbox controller install on Mach3-microsoft-word-mach3-xbox360-plugin-afterglow-ax  

Default Re: Xbox controller install on Mach3

I know this is an old thread, but I am hoping one of you guys has run across this problem and found the fix or a good work around. When I shut down mach 3 with the Xbox Plugin active quite often Z just plunges down until it hits something. I do not have this problem with the plugin disabled and the controller unplugged.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for clarifying the problem I have been having with a Performance Design Product (Afterglow AX.1) XBOX controller. The key here was using the correct vendorid/productid which you so graciously provided in your post (E6F/213). I hunted for this vendor id all over the web and had no luck. Thanks again. All is working now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi could you tell me at what place this selector is thanks
    Moe

Downloads
    Uploads

In windows, start button->search field, type dxdiag and look under the "input" tab.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for bringing this really old thread back up, but my wired xbox controller died and I'm thinking of trying to go back to my wireless one. It was really handy and worked fine except for when it went into power save mode it would crash Mach3. If it does this while cutting on my plasma table, the code stops and messes up my cuts, so I threw it in the drawer and went back to the wired one. There is a post in this thread that says it shouldn't do this. I have the xbox360 plugin from the mach site installed. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

An old thread, but obviously well-loved....

Just to provide an example of how crazy-hard it is sometimes to get Mach3 plugins working...

I have a 'compatible' 360 wireless that after going through all the online troubleshooting threads I could find, was finally able to track the problem to a sticky "360-PS3" selector switch on the usb dongle... It must have been binding in the case and never switched out of PS3 mode, because as soon as I popped it out of the case and switched it back and forth a few times then left it in 360 and plugged it in... It was instantly recognized as an XBox 360 Controller for Windows in Win10, and guess what.... Mach3 immediately started working with it.

Of course this was after installing the 64bit 360 driver, Direct X, etc etc like all the threads tell you to do to get the plugin to not "error" on startup.

For benchmarking, I'm on the latest updates of Win10 64bit.

For those thinking that the plugins subdirectory must have read only unchecked to work... I initially thought that too, and went through the microsoft rabbithole of trying to change that to no avail. I was also in the category of being unable to get the plugin to correctly take my Vendor ID and Product ID... I could put it in, but it wouldn't save.

I know a lot of these "fixes" are voodoo science... So here's my latest voodoo suggestion if none of the standard tricks are working. Stop thinking it's on the Mach3 or plugin side, and concentrate on getting your machine to show you a picture of the "XBox360 Controller for Windows" on the "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers" depiction.

I initially thought going wireless might be the way to go, but most of these real or copy wireless controllers go into sleep mode after they sit for a while, and (although I haven't tried it yet during a job) once they time out, might be re-awakened until you restart. I have been able to use some of the functions after a short controller sleep cycle, but the original plugin documentation implies that might not always be the case.

I had some creeeping issues on shutdown with the XBOX 360 control. Finally I changed all my machines to VistaCNC pendants.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234