Digitising Probe or similar where to buy

Thread: Digitising Probe or similar where to buy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Digitising Probe or similar where to buy

Hello to all,

I need to find a probe or suitable scanning device that would be able to prevent a hot-end (plastic extruder) from colliding with objects. Ideally it would be non-contact and this device would be able to tell the distance, how far away the probe is from the object ie under 1mm.

For contactless methods Ultrasound, capacitive, laser....

For contact probes that must be able to read the deflection, piezo-electric, lightweight switching...

Moreover I may use a few of these devices and ideally i would like to know if the object the I am scanning/printing on is tangential to the probe/print-head.

All ideas are welcome, most of all I would really appreciate companies particularly in the UK (Europe is acceptable) that can offer me these devices at a reasonable price. Companies that are beyond my financial budget are: Renshaw, Faro, Roland.

Thank you-all by the way my code if I complete the project will be made available as OPEN SOURCE, hopefully the GUI will be too but i will most probably use software such as rhino and mach3 which unfortunately cost to purchase a licence.