Is this possible for a Steel Rule Die or am I dreaming

Thread: Is this possible for a Steel Rule Die or am I dreaming

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is this possible for a Steel Rule Die or am I dreaming

I have started making custom boxes. Small runs of 25 to 100. I bought a CNC machine with a drag knife (from donektools) to cut the boxes. Now I need a way of using steel rule dies to crease the boxes.

I went to a few local companies and they would make a die for around $400 to $600. This didn’t seem feasible because I will have so many different styles of boxes and I didn’t have a clicker press. This is why I bought the CNC machine with a drag knife. Donektools sells a creasing wheel but I didn’t think it would work well enough.

I currently have this creasing machine like this 19" Scoring Paper Creasing Machine Creaser Scorer Magetic Lock One Year Warranty | eBay

It works well but some times my boxes are a little larger than the creasing area. I was thinking I could create a steel rule die just for creasing. But, I’m not real sure if this is possible and how I would do this. I’ve done a lot of reading about them, however reading and doing are different.