Need help quick

Thread: Need help quick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help quick

Hello all I'm new to the site and am in need of help quick. I have a small business that I have 30 mil car sign magnets die cut into the shapes I need for my car projects. I have been having them die cut since 2005 from a machine shop across the country. I now need to cut these myself as fees are rising and profits are falling. I am a Firefighter here in NY and also a Carpenter for over 25 yrs. so I have knoweledge of tools. I am at the fringe of purchasing a Tippmann clicker press but the cutting surface is just not big enough. The Tippmann clicker press is 12"x24" and my 2 pieces are 4"x29" and 9"x32". If I use the clicker press I can cut it twice but I would really like to cut it just once. Does anyone have any idea if I can get a clicker with the right proportions? I thought of installing a bigger plate top & bottom but am not sure the pressure will span the plate even though it's just a couple inches bigger than the original clicker size. This is a video made for me to show me the clicker working for my project.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF3sQ3eqrr0"]YouTube- 00017.MTS[/nomedia]

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang_Scotty,

This may work and its already in New York.

http://tinyurl.com/246tkjw

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can get a clicker with a head (beam) of similar proportions for sure, there is a huge variety of presses used and new available in the US. Google search: clicker press

Does you magnet film come in a roll?

best regards,

Bruno

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mustang_scotty View Post
    Hello all I'm new to the site and am in need of help quick. I have a small business that I have 30 mil car sign magnets die cut into the shapes I need for my car projects. I have been having them die cut since 2005 from a machine shop across the country. I now need to cut these myself as fees are rising and profits are falling. I am a Firefighter here in NY and also a Carpenter for over 25 yrs. so I have knoweledge of tools. I am at the fringe of purchasing a Tippmann clicker press but the cutting surface is just not big enough. The Tippmann clicker press is 12"x24" and my 2 pieces are 4"x29" and 9"x32". If I use the clicker press I can cut it twice but I would really like to cut it just once. Does anyone have any idea if I can get a clicker with the right proportions? I thought of installing a bigger plate top & bottom but am not sure the pressure will span the plate even though it's just a couple inches bigger than the original clicker size. This is a video made for me to show me the clicker working for my project.

No experience with clickers but plenty on punch and brake.

Unless my eyes deceive me they took two hits to do the job in the video.

Seems to have worked OK.

If you use over-size plates be sure they are thick enough and the ends have adequate support.

Turning them over once in a while helps too.