Dell OPTIPLEX 755 USFF

Thread: Dell OPTIPLEX 755 USFF

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dell OPTIPLEX 755 USFF

I just built a router table that will be a plasma table when it's done. It's been running on a IBM Laptop and I want to get a more stable platform.

From what I searched around, the Dell Optiplex 755 seems to be pretty popular among the MACH3 users.

My question is, is there a difference between the form factors? The one I found locally and it's a USFF, and besides the size of the unit, it doesn't have any expansion slots.

Thanks...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dell OPTIPLEX 755 USFF

Anyway, to answer my own question, the big difference between the USFF and the rest of the form factors is that the USFF does not have an internal power supply, it had a dongle style similar to a laptop...

After returning the first 755 USFF I got off ebay, because the side cover would stay on, the cd rom door was bent, and it had no power supply... I got another, cheaper, faster CPU, and in better shape, and was suppose to include the power supply, but didn't... I hack up an old ATX power supply and made it work, powers up fine... It had a Vista COA, but a wiped drive. I couldn't get XP to load no matter how I tried, problem is that you need SP3 version of XP to install because that includes the drivers needed for the SATA hard drive.

Finally got XP installed, installed Mach 3, ran driver test, 100%, and dead steady!!! Way better than the laptop I was running...

My thought is maybe I'll run Windows 7 on the machine, I'm thinking that's a bit more stable...