Desk CNC software ~ (set-up help)

Thread: Desk CNC software ~ (set-up help)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Desk CNC software ~ (set-up help)

Where to start.....

I own an ez-router (cnc router table) which I purchased new many years ago.
    About a week ago, the computer's operating system that runs this machine became corrupt.
    I have since replaced the computer, loaded the Deskcnc software, and entered the machine parameters I have.....

Here is the issue,

When I import a dxf file into the software, I "select all" of the attributes and move them to "Origin" which used to set the parts to my "home" position on the machine.
    Then I "home" the machine, which does send the bit to the correct location on my table.

But when I start the program running, the machine starts from a different position (always the same) just not where I want it to...?

I have tried talking to the techs at ez-router, but they haven't used this software in years, and are not able to help me.
    All they could tell me was my actual home settings and my vertual home setting are different.....

I have been down about a week now, and it's killing my business!
    Can anyone help?

I think I know where the issue is in the settings, but can not for the life of me figure this out!

If you feel you can help, please contact me over the phone, as it will be much easier to resolve over the phone...

I can be reached at:

Richard
    Sign Crafters

richard@signcraftersvictoria.com

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by neonman; 09-13-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Desk CNC software ~ (set-up help)

I've never used DeskCNC, but is there a way to set a zero point manually? It sounds like you've lost the offset values between the "home" position and the start position you set your stock to, which corresponds to the origin point of your drawing. I can't tell you how to restore them, but in the meantime you should be able to reset the DROs to a "floating zero" that can be anywhere you want. Many machines don't have home switches at all, and work just fine - they just need to be told where to start.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, So I was able to over come the setup issue previously mentioned, but now the machine isn't keeping the correct Z (depth) setting, and I had to set the z setting to 2.25", just to cut through a 1" board????
    Any thoughts here?

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds like a different issue. Are you touching the tool off to the top of your board to set your Z zero, or to the table? Usually, if you establish the top of your stock as zero, then it would descend into negative numbers to cut. If your DRO numbers are positive, then you must be setting zero at the table or below it. Have you checked that the Z axis is calibrated correctly? If you tell it to move up an inch, does it actually move up an inch, or 2.25 inches? In the latter case, you'll need to revisit your steps per unit setting, and reduce it until the commanded motion and the actual motion of the axis are the same. If the machine starts out correct but drifts out as it runs, then it's either a mechanical problem or a "lost steps" error, or, conceivably, both, such as a sticky axis causing the motor to fault.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]