Need Help! DeskCNC Controller Gen 2 - Motors won't turn.

Thread: DeskCNC Controller Gen 2 - Motors won't turn.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy DeskCNC Controller Gen 2 - Motors won't turn.

I assembled a Pilot Pro 2626 dual drive system which uses a DeskCNC gen2 controller and software. On power up, I am unable to get the machine to jog or respond to any motion inputs incl. the test files. The steppers seem locked on all 3 axis( as in I cannot manually turn the ballscrews when powered up but can do so when the power is off). I tested the motors and the driver using a simple test program on an Arduino and the motors work fine and the gantry moves smoothly.
    The DeskCNC controller also does not report any error. I have full connectivity to the DeskCNC software on a windows 7 PC and I have force updated the firmware too. The blue light flickers and the software starts up in Estop. The coordinates of each axis change when I attempt to jog using the software but I have no movement on the machine axis. What do I need to check?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DeskCNC Controller Gen 2 - Motors won't turn.

I can't find any reference to Windows versions later than XP in the DeskCNC documentation, so running it on Windows 7 may be causing your problem. I believe Windows offers a compatability mode for old software (though I have never used it), otherwise you will probably have to run it on XP or earlier.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DeskCNC Controller Gen 2 - Motors won't turn.

Check that you have a ground from the controller to the drives in common. this might stop you from moving. also check that you haven't reversed step and direction cables this also might stop you.

Scott
    http://astatue.com
    deskcnc dealer

Quote Originally Posted by hexanerax View Post
    I assembled a Pilot Pro 2626 dual drive system which uses a DeskCNC gen2 controller and software. On power up, I am unable to get the machine to jog or respond to any motion inputs incl. the test files. The steppers seem locked on all 3 axis( as in I cannot manually turn the ballscrews when powered up but can do so when the power is off). I tested the motors and the driver using a simple test program on an Arduino and the motors work fine and the gantry moves smoothly.
    The DeskCNC controller also does not report any error. I have full connectivity to the DeskCNC software on a windows 7 PC and I have force updated the firmware too. The blue light flickers and the software starts up in Estop. The coordinates of each axis change when I attempt to jog using the software but I have no movement on the machine axis. What do I need to check?

Scott B
    http://www.astatue.com