Ramps 1.4 vs Ramps 1.5.7

Thread: Ramps 1.4 vs Ramps 1.5.7

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Ramps 1.4 vs Ramps 1.5.7

Hey guys,

So I have experience with the Ramps 1.4 board.. and now they are releasing a new build 1.5.7.

I'm looking to see if anyone has ventured to play with the 1.5.7 build yet. I've found 'some' information on them, and it looks like the only difference is that it supports voltages between 12 and 19 per motor, which is great because now I'm looking at a board thats viable for motors that work with denser cnc materials to cut (Aluminum, Copper, Brass)

The thing i'm looking at, is that I wonder if they will work with voltages below that. I'd like to start out with cheaper less powerful motors for now, and then move up to the stronger motors, and only make adjustments as needed.

Anyways, appreciate anyone's insight. Hopefully i'll have a build thread soon. I'm still playing with a couple projects, but I wanted to start assembling parts now for this one.

~Dan