Bryan and his barrel organs

Thread: Bryan and his barrel organs

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bryan and his barrel organs

Hi all,

I should like to pay tribute to one of my customers, Bryan Carrington, who is a barrel organ enthusiast, and to the ease of use of DesignCAD 3D MAX.

Bryan has designed and built 4 barrel organs since 2008, quite a feat for a man, who is now well into his 70's, especially after having suffered a stroke in 2010.

Now comes the good part: Bryan bought DesignCAD 3D MAX v. 23 September 20, 2013, and five days later he presented me with 10 assorted drawings of his barrel organs, one of which was a 2D work drawing of one of his organs. Please note that this is without any previous CAD experience.

Click picture to see example in detail:

His next task was to design the pipes of a barrel organ (or street organ) in 3D, and he did need a little help with moving 2 or more points in Point Select mode, but here is the result:

Finally 8 days ago he suggested making an animation of the bellows moving, and yesterday I received the below.

Please click the picture for the animation, and activate repeat in Windows Mediaplayer for full effect.

It's only 30 frames, but in order to create the special movement he has had to do every frame individually.

All hail Bryan and the ease of use of DesignCAD 3D MAX.