Newbie 2000 DMU-50 Documentation

Thread: 2000 DMU-50 Documentation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2000 DMU-50 Documentation

Hello all,

We recently bought our 2nd mill (yay!!) and we went from a Tormach to a DMG. (Yeah, big jump... tell me about it!) But now that be behemoth has been wired up, I really don't even know where to go next. Unlike the Tormach which has very good documentation (we were able to pretty much figure everything out just by reading PDF files and lurking the forum), I can't seem to find anything on the DMG. I did find the manual for the Heidenhain controller (Mill Plus, V500 software) but that really doesn't give me a whole lot to go with besides "learning G-Code" (e.g. nothing about setting the machine up). Is there any online documentation I can study, or do I need to pay for a class with DMG? (Do they even offer class for a 17 year old mill?)

For example, as dumb as it sounds, I don't even know what is the proper procedure to load tools into the tool magazine... the "release tool" button on the control isn't doing anything, so I can't manually load a tool into the spindle. I've read on some other thread you are supposed to open the magazine door, load a tool, go to the control and "confirm" what tool has been loaded to which position, however I haven't found which screen controls tool loading yet. Or, even something as basic as does it need to be trammed/squared after we level it? I am sure with time I can figure it out, but I don't want to make some newbie mistake and break something... if any experts here can at least point me to the right direction, I will gladly read up any documentations I can find. (aka I am not looking for hand-holding, just some pointers where to start.)

Thanks!!

Wallace

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    http://www.millplus.de/documentatiev520de.htm
    You can use all “Control system Manual” from V410 to V530, all are similar.
    V520 chapter 15

tool manual in/out to the spindle

change to “MANUAL”
    Open the working area door
    Press "Select tool holder” to the right of the screen
    Take hold of the tool and use the rotating key "Release tool holder". The tool holder is released.
    Close the working area door or press "Select tool holder”

eckitsch.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2000 DMU-50 Documentation

Ohhh this manual is so much better than the one I found! I think we can figure almost everything out from here... One other question, where could I find the correct lubricant and recommended coolant (we are likely to run oil) for this machine? There are like 9 different tanks sitting on top of the machine, plus some kind of cooling device that looks like a radiator which has a level gauge that says empty right now... Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

The radiator is for the Spindle cooling.
    60% water and 40% antifreeze
    I have a lubrication plan but in German.