DMU50 help

Thread: DMU50 help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DMU50 help

Hello everyone,

It's my first time posting on this forum.

The company I work for has bought a 2005 DMU 50 (only the 3+2 axis version, not the simultaineous 5 axis) with the Hiedehain iTNC-530 control system that I am currently trying to figure out. Currently I am trying to run a program that rotates the working plane, using cycle 19 and rotating A by 90, and I am not able to set a datum on the part once the axis are rotated. The program seems to be working fine, because it does rotate the part into the correct position and looks to be moving everything in the right dirrections. Once the part is rotated into position and I go to touch off on the part, the machine will not allow me to set any of the axis to zero.

Before I tried to run this program we had another program that rotated the axis and would allow the setting of the datums on the part. Now when we try to run the old program it will not allow us to set the datums any more.

I have a feeling that myself or the other operater changed one of the settings by accident and now niether of us knows how to change it back.

How would I change this setting, or is there a specific way of setting the datums on a tilted working plane? The Heidehain book does not give me a great deal of help at this point, and we do not have a copy of the manual for the machine either.

Also, does anyone have a list of the standard M codes for Deckel machines?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.

Once the rotation in done and the corresponding position of the rotating axes are rotated, you cannot set the datum. (I don't know why you want to do it)
    Anyway if you need to do it, you need to change the kinematics of the machine.
    The bit5 of the MP7500 in the KINELIST.TAB must be set.
    When it is set you can set the datum after rotating of the 4/5 axes.
    Remember to activate the Kinematics before trying. (one easy way is switch off/on the machine)

Jukka

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DMU50 help

Hi,Jukka

We have CNC MACHINE DMU 80P hi-dyn with iTNC 530 CONTROL.
    We have problem with kinematic
    You solved the similar problems. I would like to know
    your opinion.Is it possible?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Tell me what is your problem?

Jukka

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NNZ View Post
    Hello everyone,

It's my first time posting on this forum.

The company I work for has bought a 2005 DMU 50 (only the 3+2 axis version, not the simultaineous 5 axis) with the Hiedehain iTNC-530 control system that I am currently trying to figure out. Currently I am trying to run a program that rotates the working plane, using cycle 19 and rotating A by 90, and I am not able to set a datum on the part once the axis are rotated. The program seems to be working fine, because it does rotate the part into the correct position and looks to be moving everything in the right dirrections. Once the part is rotated into position and I go to touch off on the part, the machine will not allow me to set any of the axis to zero.

Before I tried to run this program we had another program that rotated the axis and would allow the setting of the datums on the part. Now when we try to run the old program it will not allow us to set the datums any more.

I have a feeling that myself or the other operater changed one of the settings by accident and now niether of us knows how to change it back.

How would I change this setting, or is there a specific way of setting the datums on a tilted working plane? The Heidehain book does not give me a great deal of help at this point, and we do not have a copy of the manual for the machine either.

Also, does anyone have a list of the standard M codes for Deckel machines?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated
    Hi you can find all the manuals on the DMG mori German website I think there might also be a bit on cycle 19. I have an older 426 control and it works out where the original zero moves to. I just keep original zero but Re orient drawing planes for cam

The more I learn, the more I find there is to learn ;)
    Regards Nick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have a Kinematic model loaded on the machine? I would think using G7 would make more sense here vs. using a different offset.

Also, when I was looking for my DMU 50 I came across a lot, different vintage, different controller ect. Some were advertised as 3+2 or 4+1, but when I asked why they were not full 5 I could not get a straight answer. I spoke with some of the older DMG tech guys and they didn't have a really good explanation other than the controller not being equipped for it. Since yours is a Heidenhain, I bet the controller can handle it. Punch in a sample 5 axis prog, you might be surprised.

Anthony