Deckel Maho DMC 63V Z axis intermittent drop.................need help - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deckel Maho DMC 63V Z axis intermittent drop.................need help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had suggested to make the changes you posted, but as I told you none of the technicians preferred to alter any circuits and/or safety mechanisms.
    In addition, the wiring in the 840D control is different from the 810D(our control) one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All the wiring changes can be made with an ordinary screwdriver. What is the problem to try the changes? If they don't work, its simple changing back to the original wiring, to have the original condition. For me its easy, because I make all the mechanical and electrical repairs in my machine by myself, I can't afford a Deckel Technician for these.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The next step for us is to connect the CNC with a laptop with the correct cables to see what's going on real-time when the machine drops.
    Maybe we will go for the safety switch bypass as a last resort..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Deckel Maho DMC 63V Z axis intermittent drop.................need help

Update: We still haven't been able to connect with the machine correctly..
    Some new errors appeared today, I quote below:

25201#100#: Axis Z1 drive fault #13.06.14 08:14:31#0#10#NEW#6#NCU#hlp\alarm_UK.pdf#25201
    3000#100#: Emergency stop #13.06.14 08:57:43#0#9#NULL#6#NCU#hlp\alarm_UK.pdf#3000
    510311#100#: E-STOP, energy recovery module not operative#13.06.14 08:14:31#0#510311_0 0 0 0 #NEW#9#PLC# UK#510311
    600514#100#: FD-LK-TM, emergency stop#13.06.14 08:14:31#0#600514_0 0 0 0 #NULL#8#PLC# UK#600514
    3000#100#: Emergency stop #13.06.14 08:14:31#0#11#NEW#6#NCU#hlp\alarm_UK.pdf#3000
    600602#100#: SPD-LK, door to working area open#13.06.14 08:14:37#0#600602_0 0 0 0 #NEW#8#PLC# UK#600602 We open the door
    700330#100#: Open door to working area#13.06.14 08:14:37#0#700330_0 0 0 0 #NEW#8#PLC# UK#700330
    700330#100#: Open door to working area#13.06.14 08:14:38#0#700330_0 0 0 0 #NULL#8#PLC# UK#700330
    600602#100#: SPD-LK, door to working area open#13.06.14 08:14:47#0#600602_0 0 0 0 #NULL#8#PLC# UK#600602
    #100#: BA2/3/4 Open door to working area#13.06.14 08:14:53#0#700344_0 0 0 0 #NEW#8#PLC# UK#700344
    700344#100#: BA2/3/4 Open door to working area#13.06.14 08:14:56#0#700344_0 0 0 0 #NULL#8#PLC# UK#700344
    510311#100#: E-STOP, energy recovery module not operative#13.06.14 08:14:57#0#510311_0 0 0 0 #NULL#9#PLC# UK#510311 We close the door and press the enable button
    600514#100#: FD-LK-TM, emergency stop#13.06.14 08:14:57#0#600514_0 0 0 0 #NEW#8#PLC# UK#600514
    25201#100#: Axis Z1 drive fault #13.06.14 08:58:09#0#10#NULL#6#NCU#hlp\alarm_UK.pdf#25201

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Deckel Maho DMC 63V Z axis intermittent drop.................need help

*thread bump*

Downloads
    Uploads

i am some troubles with machine lathe cnc CTX210 with control fanuc 32 DMG

the machine is turn on ok but
    in the display say in NCboot32 " SYSTEM ALARM ON CNC SIDE

CAN YOU HELP ME?

I DONT KNOWN WHY? BEFORE IN DISPLAY BATTERY LOW WE CHANGED BATTERY Y AFTER WE HAVE THIS TROUBLES.
    REGARDS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any fresh ideas for the problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We tried to exchange the connectors between axis's Z and Y and again the problem persisted, the spindle dropped, giving us a standstill monitoring error this time for the Y axis.
    So this points either to a problem in the motor(which we have changed in the past and the problem remained and on our current one we measured with accuracy the resistance of the motors coils and the numbers are fine), either to a problem on the cables from the drive to the motor(today we tried a new power cable and no improvement), or a problem to the drives electronics(Z and Y axis share the same drive board so maybe the parts that are shared are defective).
    Next step is to check the drive.
    Uli12us we may try your solution tomorrow if we can't find anything else.
    Maybe we should consider adding a counterbalance to the spindle, does anyone have any details how is this done and how easy it is?
    Best of luck to us all.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE: Today we focused on a pilz relay that showed signs of wear on the contacts. Sadly this was also not the problem. We have managed though to recreate the exact same problem by pulling out one of the cables that transfer the "enable" pulse. The difficulty is that this pulse is transmitted simultaneously to three places, two of which are on the drives/plc board, which is really hard to have the schematics in order to check further.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Uli if you can read this we would like to try your solution to see if the problem resides on the safety switches. I had asked you before if you could give me the changes on my electrical diagrams that are from the 810D control. You can find the schematics here: WeTransfer
    Still I can't send you private messages, please add me to your friends list, maybe this may fix it.
    Thank you very much.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To wrap up the things we have changed to this date to this unbelievable machine:
    - PC unit(was broken)
    - All the Pilz switches(yellow) and the relays(white)
    - Power supply module
    - Axis power supply module
    - Z axis module
    - ER(energy recovery) module
    - Servomotor(Z axis) + the cable(I think the encoder cable)
    - Both door safety mechanisms + cable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

*Thread bump*

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for revive this topic, but I'm searching for Deckel Maho DMC 63V Electric diagram for maintenance, but didn't find anywhere... somebody here could help me please? Thank you for attention.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I just picked up a nearly new DMC103v, only 180 hours, loooong story. Everything works great but the z axis will occasionally drop very slowly after estop is pushed at the end of a run before shut down or sometimes during operation if the door open switch is activated. Only happens once in a while and the brake usually kicks in after a few inches of drop. What was the wiring change you indicated you had made? I would like to try it. Thx Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    No, thats not the connectors. At a new machine the motor connectors are new as well. They have made a fault in the wiring of the CNC and instead of connecting to the customers, they wait until the customers call her. And that was not the only fault in the new machine.

And the connectors of the siemens Motors don't make any problem, I have disconnected the toolrevolver more than 50 times. Never have a problem with this. But the connectors from a dozen years ago are maybe better than the one produced today. Another problem with the machine is the doorlocking, the switch will defective after some years, because of the tremor of the toolchanger.

@kevork_gr and others: If you give me your email adress, I will send you the changes. It works only with the 840D contol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. sorry for the inconvenience after all these years. Do you still have the electric manuals for the DMG DMC63. If possible could you send them to me?

Downloads
    Uploads

If the Z axis drops when hitting the e-stop button, opening the operator door, or when you finish using the handwheel, the problem is the Z axis Brake inside the Z axis motor.

In each of these 3 cases, the power (electricity) that is holding the Z axis in position is taken off, and the mechanical/electric brake is applied.
    The Brake is normally locking the Z axis in place when in e-stop or the operator door is open. When you activate the drives to the 3 axes by closing and locking the door, or by entering hands free mode (Hanswheel) Power is applied to the motor, and a split second later 24 Vdc is sent to the Brakes, releasing them. That is the "Chirp" noise you hear at this point.
    The same thing is true when you deactivate the drives by opening the operator door or pressing estop. First the 24 Vdc is dropped from the Brake, and then a fraction of a second later, the electricity from the drives is turned off. This fraction on a second gives the brake time to lock the Z axis in place, before taking off the power to the motor.
    If the Z axes drops at this point, it's because the brake is failing to apply fast enough, and must be repaired or replaced immediately. If left like this, it will get worse until the Brake is slow enough to apply that the Spindle crashes into the table.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the Z axis drops when hitting the e-stop button, opening the operator door, or when you finish using the handwheel, the problem is the Z axis Brake inside the Z axis motor.

In each of these 3 cases, the power (electricity) that is holding the Z axis in position is taken off, and the mechanical/electric brake is applied.
    The Brake is normally locking the Z axis in place when in e-stop or the operator door is open. When you activate the drives to the 3 axes by closing and locking the door, or by entering hands free mode (Hanswheel) Power is applied to the motor, and a split second later 24 Vdc is sent to the Brakes, releasing them. That is the "Chirp" noise you hear at this point.
    The same thing is true when you deactivate the drives by opening the operator door or pressing estop. First the 24 Vdc is dropped from the Brake, and then a fraction of a second later, the electricity from the drives is turned off. This fraction on a second gives the brake time to lock the Z axis in place, before taking off the power to the motor.
    If the Z axes drops at this point, it's because the brake is failing to apply fast enough, and must be repaired or replaced immediately. If left like this, it will get worse until the Brake is slow enough to apply that the Spindle crashes into the table.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123