Need Help! NEED TO PROBE A BORE WITH MORE THAN 4 POINTS WITH RENISHAW PROBE

Thread: NEED TO PROBE A BORE WITH MORE THAN 4 POINTS WITH RENISHAW PROBE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED TO PROBE A BORE WITH MORE THAN 4 POINTS WITH RENISHAW PROBE

I would like to be able to probe a bore that is egged to find the average center of the bore. The issue is that I cant find a probing cycle that will allow more that 4 points. Is there any help out there?

Similar Threads:
    WANNA GO FASTER

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED TO PROBE A BORE WITH MORE THAN 4 POINTS WITH RENISHAW PROBE

Do a one point probe cycle, load the touch into a variable
    Do this for as many touches you want, loading each touch into a separate variable then calculate the average of the variables.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 840DPROGRAMMER View Post
    Do a one point probe cycle, load the touch into a variable
    Do this for as many touches you want, loading each touch into a separate variable then calculate the average of the variables.
    Could you please show me an example of the written code?

WANNA GO FASTER

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont see any way to take single hits with a vector cal probe.Much less stitch those points together into a circle. It would have to be vector calibrated to take hits in a non-orthagonal direction.

I would argue that the 4 hit bore boss cycle IS giving you the average/centroid of the bore.

Downloads
    Uploads

you can run 3 point bore, store that position. run it again 180 out and average the positions. Still have to vector calibrate

Downloads
    Uploads

Post an example of the code your orthagonal probing cycle uses and I should be able to help with this... what software is your probe running from easy set, mazatrol, etc etc?

I see 840D in your username.. the siemens controllers I have no experience with, but I believe they use a conversational user input that is translated to g-code type programming similar too how say the old okuma IGF worked??

Downloads
    Uploads

hi, for probing more than 4 points inside a bore, or, for contact points at angular positions <> 0 90 180 270, it is required a probe ( and software ) that is sensitive to cosine directions, thus can detect if the contact surface is perpendicular ( or not ) in respect to feed direction / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

If the Probe was factory installed, the Inspection plus software is in the machine. The macros are as well, so you can give it the macro commands as needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd imagine you might be able to run the M165 probe bore cycle, store the results in a second bank of open macro locations, then G68 or rotate the machine coords 45 degrees and run a duplicate cycle.... likely then sort thru the 8 results for an out of tolerance condition?