Need Help! SPINDLE BELT REPLACEMENT Doosan DNM400, Serial MV00009-001210

Thread: SPINDLE BELT REPLACEMENT Doosan DNM400, Serial MV00009-001210

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question SPINDLE BELT REPLACEMENT Doosan DNM400, Serial MV00009-001210

Hello and thanks for having me.

I am attempting to replace the spindle belt on our Doosan DNM400, Serial MV00009-001210 . I have the bolts free on the pancake cylinder up top. The stop plate visible only through the little window in front of the machine will only turn a little in each direction until it fully stops hard. From another post on this subject I have attempted to place a 5mm bolt into the stop plate and loosen it so that I can remove the assembly to no avail. The instructions I followed were:
    1) remove the 4x M8 bolts holding the cylinder down to the black base plate, remove cylinder.
    2) Remove the 6x small bolts in the ring that times the drawbar to the spindle, remove the ground "rod stopper".
    3) The stopper is a threaded ring. Insert one bolt into any of the 3x holes in the face of the "End stopper", stack up washers under the allen head to prevent bending the bolt. Strike the bolt with a brass punch to rotate the stopper in a counter clockwise direction (Righty tighty, lefty loosie).
    4) Pull out the base plate and you're good to go. You have access to install the belt

As I stated I can move the "stopper" 0310 C72041224A one direction or the other but it eventually hits a hard stop and will not go any further. Fearful of breaking something I thought I would inquire about other's experience. Need to get this bad boy up and running pronto!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SPINDLE BELT REPLACEMENT Doosan DNM400, Serial MV00009-001210

This is Darryl Hardt with Doosan Machine Tools.

Call my desk for assistance 973-618-2461

No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Referring to the colors of the attached drawing:
    Remove all hoses and switches attached to the actuator
    Remove the orange cover
    Remove the pink TSC mount
    Remove the green union
    Remove the yellow cap
    Remove the green "spring-screws"
    Remove the cyan cap-screws that hold the top of the actuator to the bottom flange
    Lift the actuator top assembly off...this may require rotating the spindle by hand to align a "bowtie" keyway.
    Mark the yellow stop-ring's location for alignment to the brown spindle core
    Note the location of the Pink balance screws
    Remove the bolts on the dark gray end cap that holds to the brown spindle core
    Loosen/remove the red locking setscrews that keeps the yellow stop-ring onto the brown spindle core (note: likely to be Left hand thread)
    Lift off red bottom flange
    Remove belt
    install new belt
    reverse process (ensuring the yellow stop ring lands back at the exact same orientation to the brown spindle core)
    Timing belts look like |||||||||| while Eagle belts look like >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Note: Eagle belt (>>>>>>>>>>>) tension MUST be done with a frequency analyzer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPINDLE BELT REPLACEMENT Doosan DNM400, Serial MV00009-001210-dnm400-actuator-color-jpg  
    No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey dhardt I have a dnm 500 and I need to replace the spindle belt on it , I was wondering if this diagram and steps to remove the top end would be the same on the dnm 500 ? If not can you send me the steps and diagram so I can get the belt changed . If it is the same can you give me any info I will need to change it