How do you like your Doosan Lathe?

Thread: How do you like your Doosan Lathe?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do you like your Doosan Lathe?

I'm looking really hard at the Doosan Lynx220LSYA and I am wondering about your experience with them? Granted I would love German or Japanese but I like the price a lot better for the Doosan.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sin_arms View Post
    I'm looking really hard at the Doosan Lynx220LSYA and I am wondering about your experience with them? Granted I would love German or Japanese but I like the price a lot better for the Doosan.
    I like them.

(But I might be biased, as I'm a Doosan Service Technician)

Though, it should be a good sign that I'm the first to reply to your question...

No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do you like your Doosan Lathe?

Quote Originally Posted by sin_arms View Post
    We have three of them. We like them. We don't have the exact model you are referring to though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do you like your Doosan Lathe?

Have ran two of them. Not those particular models though. Their not bad. I would say average. Believe ways are on ball bearings now. (Of course all machines these days may be.) which of course means one crash jacks up your axis positioning pretty severely.

Just not as rigid as they used to be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do you like your Doosan Lathe?

I didn't want to "jump" on your comment with a reply, so I waited for any other comments.

Doosan has machines with Box-ways, and also machines with Linear Guide-ways (as you called "ball bearings")

Each style has its purpose.

As an example:

We have 3 types/styles of Horizontal Machining Centers. Each with a different name "identifier".

NHC
    NHP
    NHM

NHC is a "compact" footprint machine, designed to do the most in a small space. Usually used in a shop where square footage is at a premium. It has a large Linear guide system which allows ample rigidity in compact space.

NHP is a High speed, high "production" machine. It used oversized Linear guides for rigidity with speed. The X-axis travel of the spindle is "stepped" to provide even more stability by bracing the spindle cut support into an "uphill" manner.

NHM is the "heavy machining" BEAST! Boxed-ways are slower, but when you need rigidity...this is the one.

These style options occur across all of our various lines of product.
    Suffice to say, if you have an application need, Doosan has the machine that will accomplish it.

Last edited by dhardt; 02-16-2017 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
    No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com